Celebration at the Top fireworks viewing now open for reservations at Disney's Contemporary Resort

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Since the article mentions this is available Feb 26 thru March 26, is this only for one month?

It's not for me, as I can go watch Wishes! from the Top of the World lounge, but I can see a certain appeal for some with this offering.

Biff215

Sounds pretty good. Not for me, as I have two young kids, but I'd definitely consider it for something special if it was just my wife and I. This may actually be successful given the price point and offerings, and it doesn't seem to take anything away from guests who don't participate, exactly what an upcharge should be!

rob0519

Oh well, just another upcharge event. Take away part of free viewing on the 4th floor for one upcharge event, now take away some of the free viewing area in the California Grill for another event. It's interesting that $20 worth of Valet Parking is included. I wonder how many people will be taking advantage of that?

We personally have no more interest in the California Grill and have seen Wishes enough times that this holds absolutely no interest for us. The question is, once Wishes is replaced by the new projection/ fireworks show, how well will you see what is projected on the castle for your $99?

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Oh well, just another upcharge event. Take away part of free viewing on the 4th floor for one upcharge event, now take away some of the free viewing area in the California Grill for another event. It's interesting that $20 worth of Valet Parking is included. I wonder how many people will be taking advantage of that?

We personally have no more interest in the California Grill and have seen Wishes enough times that this holds absolutely no interest for us. The question is, once Wishes is replaced by the new projection/ fireworks show, how well will you see what is projected on the castle for your $99?

This upcharge event ends March 26, unless extended, so they'll have to figure out another way to bilk... err... entice guests to spend money for fireworks viewing upcharge events once Wishes! ends on May 11 and HEA starts on May 12.

rob0519

This upcharge event ends March 26, unless extended, so they'll have to figure out another way to bilk... err... entice guests to spend money for fireworks viewing upcharge events once Wishes! ends on May 11 and HEA starts on May 12.

Well, the upcharge can always be extended to the first week of May if it's successful. Your second point was sort of what I was asking. How can you charge to watch a projection show on the castle from that far away?

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Well, the upcharge can always be extended to the first week of May if it's successful. Your second point was sort of what I was asking. How can you charge to watch a projection show on the castle from that far away?

You can't. Isn't the irony delicious? :D Replace a fireworks show that you can have (several) up-charge events for with a show that has fireworks but relies on projection, thus negating the ability to have most of the up-charge events.

rob0519

You can't. Isn't the irony delicious? :D Replace a fireworks show that you can have (several) up-charge events for with a show that has fireworks but relies on projection, thus negating the ability to have most of the said up-charge events.

Well, I can see the upcharge for the Dessert Parties in the Hub Area going up a few dollars to cover the "loss". This will probably be the end of the Monorail Dining Program as well.

alissafalco

I went to the website and it says Sundays through April are available and it was letting me book but I didnt finalize it. I need to see a review of this first. The first event says its this Sunday according to the Dis website. I also would only do this if its unlimited food & alcohol.

IMG_6104.PNG

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom