Celebration 25 Events Poll

What most interested you about Celebration 25?

• The chance to sit for Reflections fireworks in reserved area.

Votes: 10 15.2%
  • Eating desserts while watching Reflections of Earth.

Votes: 5 7.6%
  • The History Walks and chance to explore EPCOT's past.

Votes: 20 30.3%
  • Participating in a Re-dedication Ceremony.

Votes: 28 42.4%
  • Showing Disney that EPCOT is really important.

Votes: 40 60.6%
  • I was there at the Opening in 1982.

Votes: 2 3.0%
  • The group rides and attractions.

Votes: 10 15.2%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 5 7.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

EPCOT.nut

Original Poster
What are you looking forward to most during Celebration 25? Why did you register?

Was it the tempting desserts? The fabulous reserved fireworks show? The History Walks? The Re-dedication Ceremony? Sticking it to the Man? Camraderie with other EPCOT fans? The Group Rides?

Do tell!

And YES I am allowing multiple choice for this poll, but be fair and limit your choices to the few that really hit you in the heart!

EPCOT.nut

Original Poster
I was most delighted by the reserved area for the fireworks! I love Reflections of Earth and have only watched it from the Rose & Crown area.

Also I am a rebel and I was so offended that Disney was ignoring EPCOT's birthday! :)

jedimaster1227

What are you looking forward to most during Celebration 25? Why did you register?

Was it the tempting desserts? The fabulous reserved fireworks show? The History Walks? The Re-dedication Ceremony? Sticking it to the Man? Camraderie with other EPCOT fans? The Group Rides?

Do tell!

And YES I am allowing multiple choice for this poll, but be fair and limit your choices to the few that really hit you in the heart!

I'm just happy to be involved, but being a part of this once in a lifetime experience is such an added plus for me!

Edit: Right after I posted, you added the poll.

EPCOT.nut

Original Poster
I'm just happy to be involved, but being a part of this once in a lifetime experience is such an added plus for me!

Edit: Right after I posted, you added the poll.

I was a little slow on the poll. I was trying to add what a lot of people could choose from!

Thanks again for being involved in getting Celebration 25 to happen. I am so greatful! :wave: :sohappy:

jedimaster1227

I was a little slow on the poll. I was trying to add what a lot of people could choose from!

Thanks again for being involved in getting Celebration 25 to happen. I am so greatful! :wave: :sohappy:

I can already tell that this poll has given us the real answer as to why we all are so involved in this... And, after my important phone meeting today (with another to follow within the next two days), I know that our message has been heard. Lets just say that the highest person we could possibly reach thanked us for our involvement... :animwink:

DisneyMarg

I've always wanted to join a WDWMAGIC fan meet, and this one seemed like the perfect opportunity! I was most looking forward to the history walk and group rides, but then the redidcation came up and that sounds wonderful as well. I'm looking forward to putting real faces and names to the people I chat with on the board, and seeing Epcot with some real fans. Plus, I'm really really looking forward to the fact that this is one trip where someone else has developed the "touring plan" and I can just enjoy!!

TheBeatles

I can already tell that this poll has given us the real answer as to why we all are so involved in this... And, after my important phone meeting today (with another to follow within the next two days), I know that our message has been heard. Lets just say that the highest person we could possibly reach thanked us for our involvement... :animwink:

You are always full of great news. :sohappy:

If I'm ever sad, I'm calling you for support.

LeeLee D

There are so many reasons!
I was there on opening day and it's also my birthday .
I do want the higher ups to know that EPCOT has a seriously devoted fan base.
And, as DisneyMarg said, I've always wanted to meet some the great folks on this site.

Many, many thanks to all who put this together!:sohappy:

jedimaster1227

Plus, I'm really really looking forward to the fact that this is one trip where someone else has developed the "touring plan" and I can just enjoy!!

Just sit back, relax and enjoy the ride... But remember, keep all forward facing tentacles inside the ride vehicle at all times! :wave:

You are always full of great news. :sohappy:

If I'm ever sad, I'm calling you for support.

Disney counseling! Thats a new one! I'm always glad to help, and I'm sure we'll have plenty of time to chat when you are here in two weeks! :wave:

There are so many reasons!
I was there on opening day and it's also my birthday .
I do want the higher ups to know that EPCOT has a seriously devoted fan base.
And, as DisneyMarg said, I've always wanted to meet some the great folks on this site.

Many, many thanks to all who put this together!:sohappy:

Glad to have you aboard! Thanks for all of your support! :wave:

I'm looking forward to the day for many reasons, one of the main ones is my dream of a Disney wedding at Epcot is coming true. Although my fiance is absolutely positive that I'm skipping the wedding and going to the re-dedication instead. He said if I don't show up, he'll send Disney Security over to find the crazy Epcot fan wearing a bridal gown. He's so silly!

But the main reason why we scheduled the wedding that day in the first place was that Epcot is so important to us and we wanted to share our anniversary with the park. We'll be back for our 25th anniversary to celebrate Epcot's 50th!

Anyone up for joining us for Celebration 50? ;)

Plus, I'm really really looking forward to the fact that this is one trip where someone else has developed the "touring plan" and I can just enjoy!!

I'm the exact opposite! This is the first time on a Disney trip that I'm seriously scheduling things! There's so much planned to do with our wedding and I want to enjoy so much of the Epcot Celebration, I don't know what to do! Hmm, I wonder if they'd notice if I sent a cardboard cut-out of myself to the rehearsal on Sunday so I could go do the early history walks instead? :ROFLOL:

Seriously, I think it's great all this has blossomed. I think the people who have developed it are wonderful for doing so. I remember reading the thread about the celebration early on but didn't reply because I didn't think I'd have time to participate in it. I still don't have time but I'm going to make some anyway! :D

I'd like to thank everyone involved for showing everyone that Epcot is loved by many. I look forward to meeting so many others who love Epcot as much as I do. I always knew this would be my best Disney day ever because of the wedding, but since all this came together, it's going to be way better than I ever dreamed because of all you wonderful fellow Epcot fans. :)

You know I'll be there in some form! :animwink:

Cool! I hope there's another re-dedication so I can actually go! :animwink:

I hope you'll wave at us! I'll be the one somewhere around Japan wearing white and leaning over the railing to try to get a better view. Or the one in white who falls into the lagoon. One of the two. :animwink:

brkgnews

You know I'll be there in some form! :animwink:
I signed up back in the early days when all Celebration 25 was supposed to be is a few folks meeting in front of the fountain. As a matter of fact, I'd already decided about two years ago that I'd be at EPCOT on Oct 1, 2007 to celebrate in my own special way, even if no one else showed up. Everything that has happened since then has been icing on the 25th birthday cake.

I signed up back in the early days when all Celebration 25 was supposed to be is a few folks meeting in front of the fountain. As a matter of fact, I'd already decided about two years ago that I'd be at EPCOT on Oct 1, 2007 to celebrate in my own special way, even if no one else showed up. Everything that has happened since then has been icing on the 25th birthday cake.

I know what you mean! We decided on October 1, 2007 for our wedding the day we were engaged back in 2005. I remember sitting there in the Japan pavilion and I told him it'd be really cool if we could get married there on Epcot's anniversary but with our luck it'd probably be a weekend when the weddings have higher minimum expenditures. We were thrilled when we saw it was a Monday! I didn't think in a million years there'd be anything done. I was hoping for maybe a pin!

I think it's really cool that so many people thought about doing something on their own, it really says a lot about Epcot.

Edit: Someday I'll get rid of that "New Here" title since I've been here since 2002! I'm just usually a generally shy person and I don't post. Epcot brings it out in me though. :)

Figments Friend

AWESOME!!

Yes, i just voted for "group rides and attractions" and now see the results so far. I can tell that Disney has heard the call. They heard it earlier this summer i think.....as soon afterwards we started to see some incredible results ( Wand is removed, Re-Dedication announced, ...now the 25th Display....Marty...)

Again, as i had posted in the massive Event thread: To each and every one of you who comes to Celebration 25- Please take a moment at some point during the day to reflect on the fact that YOU, the Fan and attendee, made this day happen. If it was not for YOU, we would have no Event, no observance, and quite possibly no turnaround in attitude towards honoring EPCOT's Silver Anniversary.

So thank you ALL for being a part of bonifide EPCOT History!

"The 22nd Century begins OCTOBER 1st 2007"!!

:sohappy:

EPCOT is truly my favourite park and being there for it's 25th is just something special.

I just had to be there. (And my bank manager isn't too pleased about it :) )

Eyorefan

I think EPCOT stands for so much of the old Disney company. Walt wasn't a guy who thought of all the money he was going to make, he was thinking of the kind of world that he wanted to live in. I think EPCOT, more than any other park celebrates that. When the idea first came up I knew I wanted to be a part of it. Even if it was just a hand full of us gathering together I wanted to know that someone was acknowldging this wonderful creation. It was a dream come to true to get to be a part of something like that.

Just last night when I was reading the Imagineering Guide with my DD she said, "I can't believe that one man thought of all of this." And I think that sumes up the magic of Disney for me more than anything else.

Sorry for the bad spelling.

Craig & Lisa

For me I would say everything except the I was there in 1982 when they opened. And in 05 I took the segway around the world and they give you a small history lesson at some of the pavillions.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Like I few others, I wanted to join a small crowd by the entrance fountain at 11am, with no real hope of doing so. Then we got an extremely kind offer from a fellow fan, and the dream became a reality. The chance to celebrate the park that started my whole interest in Disney parks way back in September 82 when I got an Eastern Airlines preview book off my dad.

The park that was the best place in the world to be.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom