Celebrating my wife's life

Figments Friend

So I thought of a couple of things I could mention that won't interfere with MaxGoof's telling of the story of his adventures.

Folks here might recall we were thinking about possibly visiting Knott's Berry Farm, but alas, that didn't happen.
Far too much else going on...
I WAS however introduced to the delightful concoction that is Knott's boysenberry punch concentrate.
Yum....!
Already ordered a bottle of that , and hopefully it doesn't freeze when it's delivered to me here in the Frozen North.

And I finally had the opportunity to experience Disneyland, and CA , in the RAIN!
While most people bemoan such weather, I found it a rare treat.
I have to say though, the Parks sure look different when everyone is looking like they are wearing trash bags over their clothing.
Oh, and for those curious....Disney rain ponchos are now $20.
Glad I didn't need one.
Talk about highway robbery....
:greedy:

-

Figments Friend

Yikes, was at WDW at Christmas time and they were $11. That is insane.

Agree.
I happened to overhear a conversation at the shop over at the Grand Californian one rainy morning when a pair of senior Guests inquired about buying a set of the plastic ponchos.
Could not believe the answer.....and even more surprisingly to me, the couple bought TWO !
$40..!!
o_O

I guess if you can 'afford' to stay at the Grand, $40 for two ponchos is nothin'.
Perhaps that was 'special pricing' just for Grand Californian Guests...?
:oops:

Glad i still have the one i was given for free at the EPCOT 25th Event.
I was soaked to the bone that night....wandering around on my own in a evening downpour when someone walked by with a wagon full and proceeded to give me one.
It has stayed in my travel bag since that night in 2007, but i've only used it once since to cover my bag in a rainstorm.
Nice to have it just in case though.

-

maxgoof

Original Poster
Well, I think I can talk about day#1 . We got into the hotel about 2:30 if I remember right. I got my electric cart at the hotel and Figments Friend and I were off to the park. I told her U would buy her ticket in, so she wouldn't have to use a day if her 5day pass. We went right to CA, so I could meet Santa Goofy and his last day there. I was please he was still there. I had brought him a gift of a small Goofy plush, that was given to me by the estate if a friend who had passed. It meant a lot to me, and I really wanted the Goof to have it. Goofy gave me so many hugs and kisses, I was so happy. We then went to see the Frozen show. We were treated to VIP seats, from a "Secret Santa" who had made the arrangements for us! The show was incredible! So much so, we went back a few days later to see it again. We then toured to park, riding the Monsters Inc. Rude and seeing the last show of Viva Navidad staring the 3 Caballeros. They were very high energy, being the very last show for the season. Many cast members were in attendance to watch. I was very impressed with the characters. We then went to ride the cars land radiator springs race... Also awesome. We enjoyed the lights and sights of the park till closing. I then jumped to DL till that closed. But more on that later.

Attachments

• IMG_20190108_154611980.jpg
    IMG_20190108_154611980.jpg
    126.7 KB · Views: 39

Figments Friend

The last showing of 'Viva Navidad' for the season on Januarh 7th was fantastic.

I normally avoid visiting a Park the same day I arrive in town, due to jet lag and usually just wanting to take it easy.
I have always wanted to see this street show performed live however, and we happened to be there on the last day of showings.
So thanks to MaxGoof offering to cover my admission, we headed over.
I was not disappointed.

We were both so impressed with the street show performance that night we made our first of many stops at Guest Services to leave compliments to the Cast for their efforts that night.
Jose and Donald in particular were absolutely ON FIRE that night, as was the enthusiasim of the musicians and dancers.
:)

-

Last edited:

maxgoof

Original Poster
Well, I think I can talk about day#1 . We got into the hotel about 2:30 if I remember right. I got my electric cart at the hotel and Figments Friend and I were off to the park. I told her U would buy her ticket in, so she wouldn't have to use a day if her 5day pass. We went right to CA, so I could meet Santa Goofy and his last day there. I was please he was still there. I had brought him a gift of a small Goofy plush, that was given to me by the estate if a friend who had passed. It meant a lot to me, and I really wanted the Goof to have it. Goofy gave me so many hugs and kisses, I was so happy. We then went to see the Frozen show. We were treated to VIP seats, from a "Secret Santa" who had made the arrangements for us! The show was incredible! So much so, we went back a few days later to see it again. We then toured to park, riding the Monsters Inc. Rude and seeing the last show of Viva Navidad staring the 3 Caballeros. They were very high energy, being the very last show for the season. Many cast members were in attendance to watch. I was very impressed with the characters. We then went to ride the cars land radiator springs race... Also awesome. We enjoyed the lights and sights of the park till closing. I then jumped to DL till that closed. But more on that later.
IMG_20190108_180158250_BURST000_COVER_TOP.jpg
IMG_20190108_183346618.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom