Celebrating my wife's life

Figments Friend

That is the way Disneyland should be.
YES!

THIS is why I fly six hours coast to coast to visit Disneyland instead of only two hours to visit the 'closer' Parks at Walt Disney World.

THIS is what I explain to people when they question why I go to the 'trouble' of traveling so far to visit 'that smaller Park'.

THIS is one of several reasons why I have really come to respect and love this place.

Florida LOST that 'magical' aspect to me some years ago.
California is where I have been telling my friends and co-workers to go when they ask me about planning their own trip 'to Disney'.
THIS is just one of the reasons.
:)

I have been visiting the Parks on both coasts for a long time.
35+ years for Florida, 11 years in California.
I have talked about some of those experiences here over the years.
In that time span, i have seen some amazing things, and have also experienced some great interactions with Cast and characters.
This trip with my friend however....I have seen truly 'above and beyond' behavior by a few CMs that is unmatched.

Standout efforts. REAL standouts....not just 'playing the role'.
Moments they didn't have to do, but DID it anyway out of the kindness of their heart or simply because of their own personal goal to make some memorable 'magic' happen for a Guest.

I think we have spent just as much time at Guest Relations at both Parks insuring they acknowledge these particular CMs and leaving compliments as much as we have been enjoying the Attractions.
Yes, THAT good.
I am impressed.

Just last night, we spent a half hour with a 'plaid' at Disneyland City Hall giving rave reviews to a pair of CMs who did great things on that day.
He then wanted to give us a tour of Walt's apartment ( ahhhh! ) but he didn't have the key to the door!
So we stood outside in front of the fire station talking about related things.
We had another CM earlier in the day insist we meet her at the Park after her shift so she could present MaxGoof with a special Max & Goofy limited edition Xmas pin.
Way 'above and beyond'.

Okay, I need to stop typing....
I want my friend to tell the story of what he has been experiencing, not me!
This is HIS trip, not mine.
I'll add where need arises, but I had to cover this topic.
Cast has been fantastic to him.

-

Last edited:

Figments Friend

Great picture and awesome sweatshirt @Figments Friend !

Thank you!
That is a shirt I had made with my Tony Baxter photo collage I created a few years back for his 50th Disney Anniversary.
Finally found a company who would print it on a shirt for me, without any 'copyright' issues ( some photos contained Attraction imagery ).

Always have to show some love for Tony when touring 'Baxterland'!

-

Figments Friend

And speaking of such.....

Tonight is our last night in town, and a absolutely EPIC 'grande finale' experience has been arranged.
I am currently beside myself in a stunned state, realizing now that this is actually going to happen after several years of hopeful wishing.

EPIC.
On a mega-Disney geek grand scale.
Major epicness.

:geek:

-

Phroobar

Everyone seems to lose sight of that. They are too busy fighting crowds, trying to get fast passes and waiting in lines. They can't see the magic around them or get into the spirit of Disneyland. It's sad that 99% of guests see the place as a mall with rides and don't take in the little things and interact with the park. I challenge everyone with an AP pass to spend the day not racing around doing rides or eating or fighting for a spot at Fantasmic and just relax and let the magic happen to you. I've spent the entire day not going on rides before and just interacting with cast members and watching things happen. It's pretty liberating.

Figments Friend

Everyone seems to lose sight of that. They are too busy fighting crowds, trying to get fast passes and waiting in lines. They can't see the magic around them or get into the spirit of Disneyland. It's sad that 99% of guests see the place as a mall with rides and don't take in the little things and interact with the park. I challenge everyone with an AP pass to spend the day not racing around doing rides or eating or fighting for a spot at Fantasmic and just relax and let the magic happen to you. I've spent the entire day not going on rides before and just interacting with cast members and watching things happen. It's pretty liberating.

YES!
This is how Disneyland SHOULD be experienced.
Agree totally.
Instead of 'commando touring' and running around like mad from one end of the Park to another, each land should be taken in gradually and at a slower pace.

Look in those windows on Main Street.
Check out that eye catching flower bed or handsomely crafted landscaping.
Take a closer look at those nicely designed show buildings and various themed architecture.
Get your eyes off of your smartphone screen as you book your MaxPasses for the day and savor the atmosphere around you.

My favorite thing to do at Disneyland is not to just enjoy my favorite rides and shows, but to enjoy the atmosphere surrounding them.
It really enhances the overall experience when you are led visually to believe you are in another time or place.

Just walking around and taking things as they are presented before you creates some of the best memories.
Roaming entertainment, unexpected surprises, celebrity encounters, or just the angle of the sun hitting the Castle the moment you walk by and notice.
It's those 'little things' that in the end often turn out to be the 'big things'.

Too many Guests run around trying to cram as much as they can possibly do in eight hours and in doing so miss a lot of good things right in front of them.
Understandable, exspecially considering ticket prices these days.
But Disneyland is best experienced at a leisurely pace.

It's not how much you do in a day that makes the experience great.
It's how much you get to enjoy the things that you do.

-

Phroobar

It always makes me kind of sad when someone posts around here wanting to know how to maximize their ride quotas or plan out every meal while vacationing at Disneyland. They have that WDW mindset that really doesn't work here. What the heck is with calling going to Disneyland as "doing Disney"? It sound obscene. They miss all the magic and settle for a corporate soulless experience where they eat over priced food and stand in lines all day. That is definitely NOT how Disneyland should be enjoyed.

Anjin

It always makes me kind of sad when someone posts around here wanting to know how to maximize their ride quotas or plan out every meal while vacationing at Disneyland. They have that WDW mindset that really doesn't work here. What the heck is with calling going to Disneyland as "doing Disney"? It sound obscene. They miss all the magic and settle for a corporate soulless experience where they eat over priced food and stand in lines all day. That is definitely NOT how Disneyland should be enjoyed.
Sad, yes, but I cannot blame them. WDW has trained people how to make that resort work and, unfortunately, it doesn't really carry over to DLR. I've only been on this board a few months and I've already seen multiple people been talked down from worrying every last detail.

Of course for people who may only have one shot at ever experiencing Disneyland, I get worrying that you might not see it all. It's hard to instill that "Happiest Place On Earth" mindset until they actually experience the park. Disneyland is magic, if you're open to it.

I'm glad this board is here to share that magic with others. And I'm so happy the maxgoof and Figments Friend have shared so much with us. It has been truly heartwarming.

Figments Friend

Yeah......methinks trying to fit all that happened during this week long visit into just ONE post is NOT gonna be possible.
:cool:

How does one put that into just a few sentences...or even a couple of paragraphs...?
I'm still trying to comprehend all that took place.
Especially Monday evening.
:inlove:

MaxGoof had a amazing adventure, and many 'Magical Moments' that he won't soon forget.
I also had a amazing experience, and a MAJOR 'Magical Moment' that i have to hold back on describing at the moment.
( total geek mode - ON )

-

Last edited:

shortstop

Yeah......methinks trying to fit all that happened during this week long visit into just ONE post is NOT gonna be possible.
:cool:

How does one put that into just a few sentences...or even a couple of paragraphs...?
I'm still trying to comprehend all that took place.
Especially Monday evening.
:inlove:

MaxGoof had a amazing adventure, and many 'Magical Moments' that he won't soon forget.
I also had a amazing experience, and a MAJOR 'Magical Moment' that i have to hold back on describing at the moment.
( total geek mode - ON )

-
Following the adventure of you and MaxGoof has brought many a smile to my face... thanks to both of you for sharing the details of your amazing trip! I can’t wait to read more.

Figments Friend

Following the adventure of you and MaxGoof has brought many a smile to my face... thanks to both of you for sharing the details of your amazing trip! I can’t wait to read more.

Aww shucks....glad to spread some smiles around.

It's hard to hold back....ya'all know how 'wordy' i can get with my posts regarding Park experiences, but MaxGoof has to be the one to tell the story.
I will add additional observations as we go along.

SO so hard to not talk about Monday night, though.
Must contain self....must contain self....must .....contain.....self......
:eek:

-

PacNWTigger

Well, I went to see Minnie Mouse around 3 a clock today. Told her the story that I was celebrating my wife's life. I gave her a big hug and told her how much it meant to me to try to get hugs from all of my furry friends. I went over to watch the Disneyland band perform, and one of the character attendants found me after the show and asked me if I was the one that had just seen Minnie Mouse. I told her yes, and she said that Minnie had a special surprise for me if I could meet her at 3:30 in a certain spot. I of course said yes, expecting perhaps that many would come out with a card for me or something. When the time arrived, Minnie came out followed by Mickey, Pluto, Goofy, Donald, Chip and Dale. They proceeded to come over to me and give me a group hug, and I proceeded to tell them all the story of why I was in the park. I have never felt so overwhelmed, and happy! I'm not ashamed to say that I was crying like a baby because it meant so much to me that they all came out to see ME... and fulfill my dream of being able to give each of them a giant hug for the celebration of my wife's life. I also gave each one of them in the individual hug and a kiss. So if anyone happens to know Minnie Mouse's friend, that was working on Friday January 11th about 3:30pm, please let her know that you have made this big kids heart extremely happy! I had my magical moment Disneyland style!!
I'm so glad you got that extra bit of pixie dust! What a special memory. I would've "loved" that post if I had the option. ;)

maxgoof

Original Poster
Oh no, nothing like that!
:hilarious:

We are long time friends. and remain so.
No 'romantic' associations, ya'all.
I'm a lone wolf.

I'm talking about the EPIC evening we were both honored to attend with my mentor and some friends of his.
A personal dream come true for me !!
:happy:

-
Yes, we are long time friends. And that is awesome! There is, and will be only 1 true love for me, and we celebrated her while there. I'm sorry it's taking me so long to post my final report, but even being sick, I am back into a crazy schedule. I will get to it. I promise. In the meantime, this says alot:
96362198_179611316_dsnyRes-base_dsnyLoc-reg.jpeg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom