Celebrating my wife's life

Figments Friend

Well today, my pal MaxGoof had a amazing 'Magical Moment' at Disneyland Park.
I will let him tell the story of what took place, but let me just say that two CMs made a MAJOR positive impact on his visit.
This moment blew him away, and it proves yet again that's it's Cast that truly 'make the magic happen'.

Tell em' what happened, Goof!

:cool:

maxgoof

Original Poster
Well, I went to see Minnie Mouse around 3 a clock today. Told her the story that I was celebrating my wife's life. I gave her a big hug and told her how much it meant to me to try to get hugs from all of my furry friends. I went over to watch the Disneyland band perform, and one of the character attendants found me after the show and asked me if I was the one that had just seen Minnie Mouse. I told her yes, and she said that Minnie had a special surprise for me if I could meet her at 3:30 in a certain spot. I of course said yes, expecting perhaps that many would come out with a card for me or something. When the time arrived, Minnie came out followed by Mickey, Pluto, Goofy, Donald, Chip and Dale. They proceeded to come over to me and give me a group hug, and I proceeded to tell them all the story of why I was in the park. I have never felt so overwhelmed, and happy! I'm not ashamed to say that I was crying like a baby because it meant so much to me that they all came out to see ME... and fulfill my dream of being able to give each of them a giant hug for the celebration of my wife's life. I also gave each one of them in the individual hug and a kiss. So if anyone happens to know Minnie Mouse's friend, that was working on Friday January 11th about 3:30pm, please let her know that you have made this big kids heart extremely happy! I had my magical moment Disneyland style!!

maxgoof

Original Poster
Well, I went to see Minnie Mouse around 3 a clock today. Told her the story that I was celebrating my wife's life. I gave her a big hug and told her how much it meant to me to try to get hugs from all of my furry friends. I went over to watch the Disneyland band perform, and one of the character attendants found me after the show and asked me if I was the one that had just seen Minnie Mouse. I told her yes, and she said that Minnie had a special surprise for me if I could meet her at 3:30 in a certain spot. I of course said yes, expecting perhaps that many would come out with a card for me or something. When the time arrived, Minnie came out followed by Mickey, Pluto, Goofy, Donald, Chip and Dale. They proceeded to come over to me and give me a group hug, and I proceeded to tell them all the story of why I was in the park. I have never felt so overwhelmed, and happy! I'm not ashamed to say that I was crying like a baby because it meant so much to me that they all came out to see ME... and fulfill my dream of being able to give each of them a giant hug for the celebration of my wife's life. I also gave each one of them in the individual hug and a kiss. So if anyone happens to know Minnie Mouse's friend, that was working on Friday January 11th about 3:30pm, please let her know that you have made this big kids heart extremely happy! I had my magical moment Disneyland style!!

Attachments

• 96361285_179611244_dsnyRes-base_dsnyLoc-reg.jpeg
    96361285_179611244_dsnyRes-base_dsnyLoc-reg.jpeg
    110 KB · Views: 79

drizgirl

That's awesome. Thanks so much for sharing your story.

Figments Friend

A PhotoPass photographer was also assigned to this special gathering and photographed the happening from every possible angle ( 85 different shots all together! )
So this special gathering of characters was well documented.
:)

After the gathering of characters, MaxGoof was sent over to the Photo Supply Co shop and presented with a decorative portfolio folder containing six randomly chosen PhotoPass images from his Magical Moment.
A nice keepsake from a epic encounter!

We visited Guest Relations a short time later to compliment Minnie's special surprise and file a anknowledgment.
Hopefully the good word gets back to those involved, as it truly was a 'above and beyond' effort.

Needless to say, MaxGoof is now yet another 'WDW convert'.

-

Last edited:

maxgoof

Original Poster
A PhotoPass photographer was also assigned to this special gathering and photographed the happening from every possible angle ( 85 different shots all together! )
So this special gathering of characters was well documented.
:)

After the gathering of characters, MaxGoof was sent over to the Photo Shop and presented with a decorative portfolio folder containing six randomly chosen PhotoPass images from his Magical Moment.
A nice keepsake from a epic encounter!

We visited Guest Relations a short time later to compliment Minnie's special surprise and file a anknowledgment.
Hopefully the good word gets back to those involved, as it truly was a 'above and beyond' effort.

Needless to say, MaxGoof is now yet another 'WDW convert'.

-
And thank you to YOU.... for making this trip so magical!

Figments Friend

The surprises keep coming.....
Wait until he tells you about what happened this evening!

The 'Disneyland difference' strikes again.
:D

A quip I've caught myself repeating to him over and over this visit as a lil' prod has been -
"So, do you think you would see that in Florida..?"
:hilarious:

I think this slogan needs to be the next viral Internet meme.
We already thought up a great photo campaign, showing the examples.
(Yes, we think too much about this stuff....)

-

maxgoof

Original Poster
Yes, I will post a full report and photos... But will have to wait. It's been a very long and emotional day. I am totally 100% reformed to a Disneyland believer now. Forget Florida... California is where it's at... And yes, we will go viral with "Do you think you'd see that in Florida" !!!!

Phroobar

That is the way Disneyland should be.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom