Celebrating my wife's life

John park hopper

Sorry to read your wife passed away. Through this out there ----would it be good idea if WDW had a "memory lane" (walk way in MK) paved with bricks or stones that have the names of people who love WDW and have passed on.

Figments Friend

Sorry to read your wife passed away. Through this out there ----would it be good idea if WDW had a "memory lane" (walk way in MK) paved with bricks or stones that have the names of people who love WDW and have passed on.

Many years ago both WDW and Disneyland offered walkway bricks for sale that one could have inscribed with names, dates, and small branded logos.
This stopped some time ago, but Guests today can still see the bricks infused into various walkways around the Seven Seas Lagoon ( WDW ) and in certain areas of the esplanade near the Park turnstile entrances ( DLR ).

Back in the early 2000s Epcot offered the 'Leave a Legacy' service , where Guests could pay to have a small metal tile of a monochrome photo of themselves attached to a large stone 'monolith' located in the entrance plaza set before Spaceship Earth.

I'm not aware of their currently being any such service being offered.

-

Figments Friend

I hope you guys have a wonderful time!

Thank you!
This will be a unusual and special visit ...four both of us.
Special for him due to the circumstances, and out of the ordinary for me since I typically travel alone.
There are a few little surprises planned...so we may well have a fun story or two to tell once the visit is underway.

Really looking forward to being back in California.
When I'm stepping off the airplane directly onto the tarmac like a Beatle, and enjoying the swag newly refurbished Long Beach airport, I will confess now that I will be thinking of you @TP2000 !
:)

-

maxgoof

Original Poster
thank you all for your continued support and ideas! I am really looking forward to this trip, in fact I need this trip. I have Jubilation in my soul but also a very heavy heart knowing why I'm going there. In fact just now talking about it I'm tearing up. I want this to be such a memorable trip for my wife's Legacy, and I'm truly indebted for figments friend for coming along with me. We both are planning something special for the week that we are there, I've managed to secure a trip to the Magic Castle for us. And I know she has told me she has a surprise in store. I know some of you have told about Max goof being in the park, and I really really hope I get to see him, but I know my chances are Slim. He is without a doubt my all-time 100% favorite character! I also need to find Tinkerbell and tell her about Cheryl. Perhaps she could sprinkle some pixie dust along the Milky Way so that she can enjoy see again. I can't see the keyboard through the tears now so I'm going to sign off.

Figments Friend

Tink will be easy to find....I know right where she ususally is.

Hope you are excited about that special surprise I told you about today on the phone.
Big thanks go out to the person who is helping to make this lil' magical moment happen!

And yes, I am thrilled to learn today that we will be attending dinner at the famous magicians' club in Hollywood, The Magic Castle.
I've heard a bit about this marvelous place and it's a thrill to know we are going to get to experience it on our final evening in the area.
Another big thank you to the Member who helped make that reservation a reality.

Three days to go..!

-

maxgoof

Original Poster

Hope you are excited about that special surprise I told you about today on the phone.
Big thanks go out to the person who is helping to make this lil' magical moment happen!

And yes, I am thrilled to learn today that we will be attending dinner at the famous magicians' club in Hollywood, The Magic Castle.
I've heard a bit about this marvelous place and it's a thrill to know we are going to get to experience it on our final evening in the area.

Three days to go..!

-
I am so excited.... Tonight(Friday) is a bad night, been thinking a lot about Cheryl (and crying)... But my Disney pals are calling, and I can't wait to hug them!!! And yes, whoever set up that surprise event, THANK YOU!!! I am totally looking forward to it ..

Three days to go..!

-

maxgoof

Original Poster
Well, in less than 72 hours I will be in a place I have waited to be for a long time. I want to thank Figments friend for flying with me. I am planning on seeing my pal Goofy, I need a HUGE hug from him... Also if Max Goof is around, I need to see him as well. Also Tinkerbell is going to get a hug from me, being she was my Cheryl's favorite Disney character. I want to thank all of you for the ideas in the thoughts, and please know that they were all well received and considered. All in all I feel this may be a small closure for me, but I won't know until I return from my phenomenal trip.

maxgoof

Original Poster
Today's the day.... in 4 hours we will be on a plane on our way to Uncle Walt's Park. As I expected, I only got about three hours sleep last night. I may be exhausted by the end of the day but it's going to be oh so worth it! I look forward to seeing my pal Santa goofy tonight, and also looking forward to that awesome surprise that was arranged for us. See you soon Disney Pals!

maxgoof

Original Poster
So far this trip has been fantastic! I have met Chip & Dale( really made me feel great), Gaston, Belle &Beast, Mickey, Santa Goofy (who was awesome), gonna try to catch Chewbacca, Nick Wilde, Pluto, and I have a 50/50 chance to meet Max on Sunday!

Attachments

• IMG_20190109_181834588.jpg
    IMG_20190109_181834588.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 70
  • IMG_20190109_113304979.jpg
    IMG_20190109_113304979.jpg
    107 KB · Views: 66
  • IMG_20190108_154724003.jpg
    IMG_20190108_154724003.jpg
    104.3 KB · Views: 68
  • IMG_20190109_101018945.jpg
    IMG_20190109_101018945.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 69

Figments Friend

Hello all.

Thought I would leave a few quick comments to keep fellow readers up to date on how things are coming along so far.

Safely made it out here to Californa, and I was amazed at the 'new' Long Beach Airport.
I knew they had expanded, but didn't realize it included a much larger newly designed terminal building!
Very nice.
I am very glad to see however that they kept the original 'shack'.
On my very first visit to Disneyland in 2007, I remember arriving and departing through that tiny terminal building.

My friend MaxGoof was anxious to get right to the Park like a little kid, so we went over to DCA first as this Tuesday was the last night of Festvial of The Holidays.
I usually don't visit a Park on the day I arrive, as I prefer to take it easy after the long flight and save my admission for a 'full day'.
But my friend wanted me to go with him, so he paid for a ticket to insure I could join him.
Couldn't say 'no' now....!
🙂

This was his first time visiting DCA and I think he rather liked what he has seen so far.
This was my first time seeing the entire Resort in general all done up with Xmas decor...so that was a nice experience for me.
They do a REALLY nice job of it at Disneyland, but DCA had some charming themed decor as well.

MaxGoof's highlights of the day was seeing Santa Goofy over at the Redwood Creek Trail and special seating for the days' final showing of 'Frozen Live at the Hyperion' that was arranged in advance by a kind friend ( you know who you are! )
;)

Highlights for me for the day were seeing the Xmas decor / overlays which was all new for me, and the fantastic 'Viva Navidad' live street performance.
Wow..!!
What a GREAT slice of high energy and fun entertainment!
Love it!
We saw the final show of the season, and we both liked it so much MaxGoof and I made it a point to stop by Guest Relations and leave rave reviews for the performers, exspecially Jose ( on fire that night, with his salsa dancing) and Donald ( great character performance ).
The live musicians and dancers were fantastic too...very energetic and enthusiastic.

More to come at some point shortly....

-

Phroobar

So far this trip has been fantastic! I have met Chip & Dale( really made me feel great), Gaston, Belle &Beast, Mickey, Santa Goofy (who was awesome), gonna try to catch Chewbacca, Nick Wilde, Pluto, and I have a 50/50 chance to meet Max on Sunday!
Did you give your gift to Tinkerbell?

maxgoof

Original Poster
So here is the hat I'm wearing at the park. It's all about the love we shares for 29 years. I've met Santa Goofy, and gave him my gift, and met Tink, and shared a " kiss" ( one if Cheryl's sewing thimbles) with her... I think it really touched her. I also got a warm furry hug from my favorite Wookie Chewbacca. That really made me smile a lot!

Attachments

• 50023985_10211398869162287_941151776936034304_o.jpg
    50023985_10211398869162287_941151776936034304_o.jpg
    70.2 KB · Views: 71

Californian Elitist

So here is the hat I'm wearing at the park. It's all about the love we shares for 29 years. I've met Santa Goofy, and gave him my gift, and met Tink, and shared a " kiss" ( one if Cheryl's sewing thimbles) with her... I think it really touched her. I also got a warm furry hug from my favorite Wookie Chewbacca. That really made me smile a lot!

I love this.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom