Celebrating my son's birthday at WDW, which character meal should I book?

oliviosis

Original Poster
We will be celebrating my son's 8th birthday at WDW this fall. I plan to order a small cake to be delivered during a character meal. The only character meals we've done so far are Chef Mickey's and Akershus princess breakfast. He also has Down syndrome so he's not a typical 8 yr old boy. He is still very much into the characters and princesses. I guess the question is really, which character meal do you like best? It sounds like they don't do much for the birthday these days anyway.
His favorite movies are Toy Story, Cinderella and Beauty and the Beast. His favorite princess is Cinderella for sure and we haven't done CRT. I've heard mixed reviews on the cost of that vs the experience.
We've already let our travel agent know the note on the vacation reservation that we're celebrating his birthday but I know that won't mean much other than getting the birthday celebration pin (which he certainly won't wear).

ArialSinclair

We will be celebrating my son's 8th birthday at WDW this fall. I plan to order a small cake to be delivered during a character meal. The only character meals we've done so far are Chef Mickey's and Akershus princess breakfast. He also has Down syndrome so he's not a typical 8 yr old boy. He is still very much into the characters and princesses. I guess the question is really, which character meal do you like best? It sounds like they don't do much for the birthday these days anyway.
His favorite movies are Toy Story, Cinderella and Beauty and the Beast. His favorite princess is Cinderella for sure and we haven't done CRT. I've heard mixed reviews on the cost of that vs the experience.
We've already let our travel agent know the note on the vacation reservation that we're celebrating his birthday but I know that won't mean much other than getting the birthday celebration pin (which he certainly won't wear).
I know it's not on your list of your son's favourite characters, but I've taken my nephew to Crystal Palace for their character breakfast twice (once for his birthday) and we all had a great time. It's themed Victorian and features Winnie, Piglet, Tigger and the whole gang so he may enjoy that as well. Aside from the usual table greetings, they also do a congo line dance through the restaurant which is fun and although he didn't get a pin, he did get a very sweet happy birthday card signed by Mickey and Winnie and everybody... :) The only other one we've done is Lilo and Stitch at the Polynesian. Nice food but I wouldn't recommend it as there is always a significant wait to get in which not only frays little ones' patience but can also really ruin a well planned out day.

I hope you guys have a magical time!

RememberWhen

1900 Park Fare seems like a great option.
We also love Garden Grill in Epcot. It’s got farmer Mickey, Pluto and Chip and Dale. Plus it rotates!
Another option could be Hoop Dee Doo. Not character, but a fun show and they do note all the people with birthdays/anniversaries/celebrations.

Jenny English

I agree with the Garden Grill because the of those characters plus if they get bored it rotates and your view always changes. Atleast if you get a table at the front. My experience at garden grill is that it is never very crowded. We had chip and dale come to our table three times just because they kept no having enough diners. Each visit they spent at least 3-5 minutes with my daughter. We have been there twice and this has happened. We have been to most of the other characters and this was the most time spent with her so was the most memorable. As for the food, well not everything is great.

oliviosis

Original Poster
1900 Park Fare seems like a great option.
We also love Garden Grill in Epcot. It’s got farmer Mickey, Pluto and Chip and Dale. Plus it rotates!
Another option could be Hoop Dee Doo. Not character, but a fun show and they do note all the people with birthdays/anniversaries/celebrations.
I did not even think of Hoop Dee Doo! He loves music and dancing! I bet he’d love that!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom