Celebrating My Daughter's First Birthday at WDW

JMishy

Due to an extended school year (thanks to a week of snow days), we've had to push our WDW vacation into the first week of June. That puts my youngest's first birthday during our vacation!

We'll be at MK that day (staying at the Cabins at Fort Wilderness). Any fun thoughts on how we can celebrate her big day with her siblings?? :D

DisneyDreamer08

We were in Disney a week after my daughter’s first birthday back in 2016. She definitely enjoyed meeting the characters more than any ride or show. So maybe a fun character meal? We did Tusker House at AK and it was a huge hit. You could order a cake for dessert?

Upvote 0

MomofPrincessGrace

Most of the character meals ( at least the ones that we have done) give you a birthday card signed by all the characters as a keepsake. My favorite is the one at Crystal Palace that was signed by Pooh, Piglet, Eeyore, and Tigger. I loved it! They also will bring her out a special little cupcake too. Make sure to get a birthday pin for her as well!

Upvote 0

WDWMPrincess

Due to an extended school year (thanks to a week of snow days), we've had to push our WDW vacation into the first week of June. That puts my youngest's first birthday during our vacation!

We'll be at MK that day (staying at the Cabins at Fort Wilderness). Any fun thoughts on how we can celebrate her big day with her siblings?? :D

Definitely go by and grab a celebration button. City Hall, hotel front desks, probably the check in desk for the cabins, and guest relations all have them. A character meal does sound like fun as well but I probably wouldn't have the cake there. This is going to sound silly but the character meals have a rotation and I'd rather have time for enjoying the cake part. I'd get it delivered to the cabin and take a little time maybe after nap time to relax and have some cake.

Upvote 0

Smiley/OCD

Another tip I wish someone gave us before my daughters first visit...when you get to the MK, have an adult in your party go in first and pick out a spot right at the beginning of Main Street...take photos of your kids faces the MOMENT they see Cinderella castle...I will be a memory you will cherish FOREVER!!!

Upvote 0

WDWMPrincess

Another tip I wish someone gave us before my daughters first visit...when you get to the MK, have an adult in your party go in first and pick out a spot right at the beginning of Main Street...take photos of your kids faces the MOMENT they see Cinderella castle...I will be a memory you will cherish FOREVER!!!

This is an awesome hint. I wish I'd had someone suggest it for when I took my kids. Definitely adding it to the schedule for when we take the grandkids for their first visit.

Upvote 0

DisneyDreamer08

We did this on my older daughter's first trip! She was almost 4. My husband went in ahead of us and took a video. I carried her in, covering her eyes, and revealed the castle once we were on Main St. That little 30 second video is so special to me. Below is a screen grab from the video.
We did not do it with my younger daughter because she was just a baby and had no clue where we were or what we were doing :p We have talked about doing it on her next trip even though it technically won't be her first time seeing the castle.

10675800_837753209597805_3230804460280000052_n.jpg

Upvote 0

nickys

Premium Member
Most of the character meals ( at least the ones that we have done) give you a birthday card signed by all the characters as a keepsake. My favorite is the one at Crystal Palace that was signed by Pooh, Piglet, Eeyore, and Tigger. I loved it! They also will bring her out a special little cupcake too. Make sure to get a birthday pin for her as well!

DS got a card and cupcake at CP on his 21st lol!

And walking down Main Street, on the way there, a CM came up and gave him a huge ice cream sundae. Typical! We all had some but it was a shame it was on the way to the restaurant!

Upvote 0

disneygirl76

Carey Poppins - Nanny and Disney Enthusiest
This is so adorable! What a special way to celebrate a birthday!

It made for one that we will never forget!!!! They really went above and beyond for us. My camera literally stopped working as we entered the restaurant. They sent over a photopass photographer to capture the moments since I no longer had a camera!!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom