Celebrate with Me - No Mo Chemo!

Nemo14

Original Poster
So - that’s it! My last chemo infusion, or at least the last one for a while. Those of you who know me know that I’ve been on this journey since November, so my social distancing, sheltering -at-home, mask wearing, etc. has been going on for 6 long months, but as of today, my chemo treatments are over! I still have to go through the next couple of weeks of after-effects, and careful monitoring from now on, but I can do this! I can’t wait for the day that I can safely hug my kids and grandkids again, so hopefully in a few more months that will all be possible!

I just wanted to thank all my friends, new and old here, whose kindness and generosity have helped me so much along the way. The many kind messages, both private and public, really boosted my spirits when I so needed it. And special thanks to my fellow Sageteers who went way above the call of duty to send care packages and Christmas gifts to me. You guys are awesome!

And a huge shout-out to the nurses and staff who work with cases like mine every day. It takes a special human being to do that under normal circumstances, but what I’ve seen these people do lately is nothing short of Herculean (keeping this Disney related), and they so deserve all the recognition and praise we’ve seen lauded on them lately.

Thanks again, and help yourself to a slice of cake!

chemo.jpg

Nemo14

Original Poster
I was a little upset when I finished. They had to put away the bell people ring because of COVID-19. I used this instead:

View attachment 469807

Congrats!

I got to ring the bell, then I used the hand sanitizer. They also gave me a piece of chocolate cake with whipped cream filling. Unfortunately my system can't tolerate either chocolate or whipped cream yet, so I gave it to DH, who has earned so much more than a slice of cake through all this!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom