cdunbar and Figment1986 do October 1st MNSSHP

Figment1986 and myself went to MNSSHP on Friday, Oct. 1st. We enjoyed ourselves and yes we did both dressed up. These are all his photos that I'm using just an FYI.

Him as a jungle cruise person:
1030452671_UqKPJ-M.jpg

By the way I'm very proud of this picture as I took it with Figment's very technical and fancy camera.
Me as Sookie Stackhouse:

1030453559_mHU7e-M.jpg

If you don't know who that is then this should answer any questions you might have.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sookie_Stackhouse

I met figment1986 at Downtown Disney so we only had to park one car at MK, plus we were suppose to have an early birthday dinner for him but that didn't end up working out.
Anyhow, I was asked by about 5 Disney security people if Merlotte's was a new restaurant at DtD I said no every single time but seriously considered saying yes the last time I was asked just to see their expression. I'm sorry but if you're security shouldn't you know every restaurant.

We arrived at MK at about 5:45/6:00 and they were already playing the ghost host montage over the loud speaker basically telling all non-ticket holders to get out.

We hung out on Main Street trying to locate several of Figment1986's friends who were working the party that evening but unfortunately we were never successful.

We walked towards Fantasyland and were able to experience the first trick or treat station and considered stopping for a bite to eat a Cosmic Rays but thought we'd wait
till a little later, BIG MISTAKE but I'll discuss this more later. Walking around Fantasyland now is like walking around DCA here a wall, there a wall, everywhere you turn there's a wall but hey at least they seem to be decorated. We didn't experience Pooh or any of the other dark rides but Figment1986 did ride Dumbo while I watched the camera equipment and enjoyed a much need Diet Coke after being at work all day.

We walked towards It's a Small World and there was a meet and greet with the 7 Dwarfs.
1030449694_rX4n9-M.jpg

We found a group of ladies who did various characters of Alice in Wonderland.

1030449190_q5tZz-L.jpg

That was, in my opinion, the most popular group costumes for this party. We must have seen no less than 6 groups who did Alice in Wonderland characters.

We did the trick or treat station across from the fantasyland skyway building and went back towards Toon Town to try and meet some Fairies the wait time posted was
45 min I was not waiting that long for fairies I said but we did find that some of the CM's in the judge's tent were celebrating MK's 39th Birthday.

1030450196_BBUGr-M.jpg

I purchased my special party pins because that was the one thing I said I wanted to do the rest was up to him. We did the Alice in Wonderland trick or treat station and we had heard that most of the decorations had not been installed this year but they were there.

1030450286_EQVMU-M.jpg

We rode Buzz Lightyear and of course I totally stunk because I cannot play those games no matter how hard I try. Next we rode TTA or Peoplemover or whatever the heck it's called this week and I enjoyed some candy, while he geeked out over some new sounds on there. Then we went into Star Trader Mickey's where we discovered they were also celebrating MK's 39th birthday.

1030451994_U33pr-M.jpg

We watched Hallowishes and then we were ready to eat!

1030452596_r8dvN-M.jpg

Come 9:30 we were both starving and could NOT find anywhere open to eat, they had closed everywhere for food accept
Cosmic Rays, and the Main Street Bakery. I ran into a manager at the candy store where I was getting us some water while Figment1986 staked out our spot for Boo to You. She approached me and asked me if I was enjoying the party and I told her I was accept for the fact that after 8:30 there was no where to eat. She directed me to Casey's I told her that Casey's was closed, she had a very surprised look on her face and said well have you been to Paso Bills and I said yes it was closed too. She
apologized profusely and said that then the only things left were cold cut sandwiches at the bakery or cosmic rays. I called Figment1986 and we both agreed that there was no guarantee that Ray's was open as every other quick service that was to be open was closed, so we decided on Main Street Bakery. We ate our sandwiches and took
pictures and filmed Boo to You!

We watched the Villians show, and met some afterwards:

1030454155_GctcT-M.jpg

1030453869_CyW5s-M.jpg

We walked towards Haunted Mansion and were very sad to see that Leota had already "retired" for the evening, after all it was 11:45 and the party did end at 12 so we understood.

cdunbar

Original Poster
The Haunted Mansion CM's really do a great job:

1030455434_X4Bq5-M.jpg

We ended the evening locked up in Liberty Square:
1030455582_SM75o-M.jpg

smk

I agree with you, the food situation during the party is mighty sad. We were there two weeks ago for a party and we ate early at Pecos Bills, later in the evening I was hungry again and could only find a funnel cake and popcorn. :shrug:

I also agree the the Haunted Mansion CM's are great during the party. I only wonder they are not that way all of the time? We had some great ones in the stretching room with us, walking around, looking at folks really intense and really in character. Maybe too intense for younger kids on a regular basis? Even their make up was way better, love the cobwebs on the two in the picture!

I still love the party tho! Sounds like you both had fun! Wish I was close enough to just drop in!

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
I agree with you, the food situation during the party is mighty sad. We were there two weeks ago for a party and we ate early at Pecos Bills, later in the evening I was hungry again and could only find a funnel cake and popcorn. :shrug:

I also agree the the Haunted Mansion CM's are great during the party. I only wonder they are not that way all of the time? We had some great ones in the stretching room with us, walking around, looking at folks really intense and really in character. Maybe too intense for younger kids on a regular basis? Even their make up was way better, love the cobwebs on the two in the picture!

I still love the party tho! Sounds like you both had fun! Wish I was close enough to just drop in!
With the number of teenagers and young adults they having working there, I'd imagine wearing a lot of theatrical make-up all the time would wreak havoc on their complexions! :shrug:

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
With the number of teenagers and young adults they having working there, I'd imagine wearing a lot of theatrical make-up all the time would wreak havoc on their complexions! :shrug:

Wouldn't that make them scarier and more fitting for their roles?

cdunbar

Original Poster

Yeah we asked a CM in Frontierland and she said well there is plenty of popcorn and turkey legs around. But when you go there at 4 or 5 when you can get in and you don't have an ADR unless you eat before 8 you're pretty much outta luck.

tiaragirl

That's my girl, writin a TR in good time.. unlike *some* people I know.

Looks like you had an awesome time =) So glad they're opening a new restaurant at DtD! ;)

harveyt0206

Woo hoo for MNSSHP. That really sucks about the restaurants tho. I would think they would at least stay open until 10:30 considering the park is open til midnight. :shrug: Thanks for sharing the pics.

cdunbar

Original Poster
Woo hoo for MNSSHP. That really sucks about the restaurants tho. I would think they would at least stay open until 10:30 considering the park is open til midnight. :shrug: Thanks for sharing the pics.
Well they're Rob's pictures, he just said I could use them because most of mine were twitpics...:lol: But I'm sure he'll appreciate it.

smk

Rotation, rotation, rotation! I do agree it would be hard to keep a clear complextion.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom