CDC Revises Covid19 Death Rate

ZoneOfTheEnder

Original Poster
Please read this - https://www.rt.com/usa/489823-musk-cdc-covid-fatalities/

There are 329,706,661 people in the US population with 98,246 fatalities reported seemingly from Covid 19 and that is .0298% of the US Population. With the reported cases of 1,660,040 being .052% of the total US population.

I am sorry to say that this "Pandemic" fear mongering has been caused by the Media and for Political purposes.

Start requesting your State and Federal representatives to begin formal inquiries into this obvious manipulation of the world markets and our ability to work and prosper.

Gomer

Premium Member
Advertisement
Just a suggestion. If you are trying to make a point about media spinning narratives for political purposes, may want to think twice about using RT as a source.

Prince-1

Please read this - https://www.rt.com/usa/489823-musk-cdc-covid-fatalities/

There are 329,706,661 people in the US population with 98,246 fatalities reported seemingly from Covid 19 and that is .0298% of the US Population. With the reported cases of 1,660,040 being .052% of the total US population.

I am sorry to say that this "Pandemic" fear mongering has been caused by the Media and for Political purposes.

Start requesting your State and Federal representatives to begin formal inquiries into this obvious manipulation of the world markets and our ability to work and prosper.
LOL!!!!!!! rt.com!!!!! Using an actual Russian TV news program to prove a point!! Oh brother. :rolleyes:

unmitigated disaster

My point was that your source was the funded media arm of the Russian government. It's more than a political bias. It's literal propaganda.

Also mortality rate isn't measured against total population but against total infected.
Gosh, you mean you shouldn't include men when calculating the percentage of deaths from ovarian cancer, either? Who knew?

Prince-1

Please review this CDC website and draw your own conclusions.
My conclusion is that over 100,000 people have died from the coronavirus and that number will continue to grow. This number is way higher because of the incompetence of President Pine-Sol and how he has continued to lie about the pandemic and is only worried about how he will look to his base. He is an abject failure who has caused people to die from his actions...or inactions.

Wear a mask, socially distance, and save a life. It is that simple.

21stamps

My conclusion is that over 100,000 people have died from the coronavirus and that number will continue to grow. This number is way higher because of the incompetence of President Pine-Sol and how he has continued to lie about the pandemic and is only worried about how he will look to his base. He is an abject failure who has caused people to die from his actions...or inactions.

Wear a mask, socially distance, and save a life. It is that simple.
You’re claiming that the CDC is lying about this numbers?

Gomer

Premium Member
First The CDC website, as a Primary Source, confirms the RT report (a Secondary Source). So is the CDC dispensing propaganda?
No you are, by linking to a Russian State news agency. There are many ways to present facts. What is included and what is omitted often show an abundance of bias and can lead to making false conclusions that fit pre-existing beliefs.

Second Mortality Rate should not be calculated against total infected because we don't know how many people have been infected. This "fallacy of Composition error" is biased because the "total infected" is unknown since not everyone in the US has been tested nor has it been determined if the Tests can rule out exposure to a coronavirus because of catching the common cold (look up sources for the common cold). What we do know is the total US Population and the total World Population.
You are correct. Technically it should be calculated against total recovered as some of those infected may or may not still die from their infection. But it is difficult to do that while the end point of total infections is still unknown.

You are also correct that measuring death rate against confirmed infection is misleading since we know testing from a federal and state level has been incredibly insufficient to adequately determine accurate totals. But your leap from measuring against total infected to world population in the midst of the first wave of the infection shows an impressive lapse in basic logic.

Additionally, although a different strain of coronavirus is one (among many) causes of the common cold, I have not seen any studies showing that the current test gives false positives for Covid-19 due to exposure to other Coronaviruses at a statistically significant rate. You have any data to back that up?

Third Any and all news reported by the Media - Left and Right - is no longer fact based but is biased and is focused on sensational headlines that are promoting fear and the collapse of the world markets. Actions of the Yellow Press (https://history.state.gov/milestones/1866-1898/yellow-journalism)
This goes for posts on a forum such as this as well. All presented information is subject to bias. And yours is clearly showing.

Fourth Read this websites content about Tammany Hall https://allthatsinteresting.com/boss-tweed-tammany-hall
I'm familiar with the above, thanks. Not sure what a 150 year old political scandal has to do with anything you are talking about? Or is this one of those Democrats supported slavery in 1850 so by extension Democrats now are racist type arguments. More faulty logic.

The conclusion is simply that the way the Democratic Party is attempting to manipulate the upcoming presidential election is consistent with the methodology of Boss Tweed/Tammany Hall and the Yellow Press. By using false reporting of fatalities and not comparing to total population there is a tremendous perception that the death rate is higher than it actually is which fuels even more panic. Add to that the terrifying political agenda by the Left Media to slur and degrade any attempts from people voicing their concerns about what they have been reporting as TROLLS and not entering into real debate and provide factual reports and sources that confirm their claims. This is reprehensible.
And here's where we go from feigned intellectual honesty right to conspiracy theories based on personal bias and immense jumps of fallacious logic. You're a hoot. I now understand why you were reading RT. It's been fun. But I think I'll bow out of this thread. Doesn't seem like anything good can come out of it. I initially replied because I suspected you were unaware the source you were quoting was problematic. Clearly I was too optimistic.

cmwade77

There is only one motive behind this level of fear reporting . . . control our thoughts and actions. Keep us tucked up in our homes while we watch sensational sporting events and newly censored entertainment and indoctrination in a narrative that is not true.

Example: A farmer has 20,000 cows. 10 have coronavirus (bovine coronavirus in cows) . That is .05% of my cows have coronavirus. 2 Cows die out of the 10 that have coronavirus that is 20% of the infected cows die vs .01% of all my cows who have died from my herd. Which is more likely to cause a Panic reaction?
Exactly right about the fear mongering (I won't get into if this is for manipulating an election, I can see both sides on that) and the issue with this is what happens when there is a REAL crisis that say actually could wipe out half of the world population? We will look back and how poorly this was handled and say never again when this response could be appropriate to such a crisis, but it is absolutely not appropriate now. I mean these policies will literally murder near a million additional Americans a year for as long as unemployment and that doesn't factor in the suicides because of depression from these policies or the dramatic increase in child abuse, domestic violence, rapes, molestation, etc. that are a direct result of these policies.

Sure, according to SOME models, we MAY have saved UP TO 200,000 lives, but at what cost? That is the sad part, we haven't been watching what the repercussions of these policies will be. Yes, it is sad people will die from this virus, but isn't it just as sad that people will die from unemployment and other factors that are increased due to these policies? Or do those deaths somehow not matter? And by the way the near a million per year is likely lower, as that number is based off old data where the overall population of the country was smaller, best guesses peg it closer to 1.5 million.

Top Bottom