CBR - Where to Stay?

Magical Dreamer

Original Poster
Hi,

We have an upcoming trip in 59 days and will be staying at CBR our 1st 5 days.

Bus access is most important to us....I thought the busses follow a loop through the resort and I'd like to be near the 1st on 1st off depot.

Would appreciate any info / suggestions.

Thanks

TB4244

We're at CBR right now and find that the buses use the side entrance/exit a lot rather than the main gate. The first drop off and pick up is Jamaica, we're over in Barbados which is two stops on which is still pretty handy.

carriebeth

bus pick up was important to us as we are a larger family and if we are later in the bus order we often can not all fit on a bus early a.m. to parks.

When we arrived at CBR in Sept. we were given a advance check in location in an area I knew was undesirable to us for several reasons. We went to the check in and asked if we could switch. I told them that bus pick up was important to us. The castmember at the desk told me "there is no way you will ever know or predict the bus routes as they are not set, change per driver based on many factors including how they happened to be trained etc". Well we ended up in Jamaica and I will tell you EVERY single day...every single time...every single park we were the first pick up. One time on our way back from Springs we were not the first drop off, every other time we were. So it seems to me the bus was not quite as random as the cast member indicated! in our 11 days it was quite predictable!!

Weather_Lady

The castmember at the desk told me "there is no way you will ever know or predict the bus routes as they are not set, change per driver based on many factors including how they happened to be trained etc". Well we ended up in Jamaica and I will tell you EVERY single day...every single time...every single park we were the first pick up. One time on our way back from Springs we were not the first drop off, every other time we were. So it seems to me the bus was not quite as random as the cast member indicated! in our 11 days it was quite predictable!!

You are absolutely right. From what I've read, the morning MK bus, DS bus and internal shuttle usually start in Martinique -- morning buses to Epcot, HS and AK all start in Jamaica, and when the crowds are heavy, they'll run two buses, one starting in Jamaica and one starting in Martinique. Drop-offs at the end of the day are more likely to start in Jamaica. Regardless, Jamaica is a great place to be, and although the routes are changed from time to time, they are anything but random. :)

More info. here: http://www.disneycaribbeanbeach.com/content/bus-routes-caribbean-beach-resort

JillC LI

I'll let others respond about the buses because we usually have a rental car, but I will tell you that we always ask for "Jamaica or Aruba by the footbridge" because it is centrally located and a short walk to the food court and the main pool area.

DisneyDelirious

Super structures are my specialty!
Premium Member
We always stay at Martinique in a preferred room. We go for 14 day trips and have never had problems with the bus service. As often and as long as we go, I can't believe we are that lucky. Only thing I would say negative would be our Magic Kingdom days when the park closes it often takes 2-3 buses of waiting before we get on to go back to CBR. Folks with younger kids who are wiped out often aren't having a very magical time waiting. Our kids are older and trained park commandos so they take it in stride.

PrincessL

We requested close to transportation and first floor last SB and received a first floor Barbados close to transportation and had 0 problems with transportation. Always got a seat and if I remember correctly we were the third pick up and drop off. Enjoy your trip!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom