CBR... to stay or not to stay?

NaErwin

Original Poster
I have booked a 7 night stay at CBR in March. I've been reading some very disappointing reviews over the past few days. Mainly regarding staff but I have also read that the construction is a big inconvenience for guests. Anyone been recently that can give me some insight into this? I want to known of I should find someplace else to stay.

daisyduckie

Only you can decide if it is an inconvenience. The food court and gift shop are gone. If you like to eat at your resort you are limited to a giant white tent. Kind of a food truck on steroids. Would not having a typical restaurant or quick service be a problem for you?

John park hopper

We stayed in May just at the beginning of construction and it did not impact our stay at all. Someone correct me if I am wrong but CBR construction is to be completed sometime in 2018. The DVC resort Riviera won't be completed until early 2019. I would research when in 2018 CBR constuction will be completed if it is a concrn to you

MOUSEGIRL

We stayed in September and construction had very little impact on our stay. The resort staff was very nice and we never had any issues.

Autismmummy

We stayed at CBR in late October for 14 days. The construction is major, the restaurant and shopping area has been gutted. On site you can either eat in the large tent or order from the food trucks, we only ate on site twice, the food was fine. By the main pool is another food truck which is the bar selling beer, cocktails, wine, soft drinks. The bar tender was great there, really friendly, knowledgeable and mixed a good rum cocktail. The main pool was open, there were activities put on for the kids and each island has its own more basic pool which were also open. The merchandise shop was a truck which didn't have a big selection but the staff there were lovely and you can still have your shopping from the parks delivered to the resort.We stayed in the pirate rooms in South Trinidad which are the furthest from the main pool/ bar/ food tent but each island has a quick stop shop ( a hotel room converted) and a vending machine to top up your refill mugs. Our walk to the main area was along the lake passing beaches which were very tranquil. In the whole 2 weeks we didn't hear the construction, yes we could see the cranes and the fence but it really didn't impact us at all. Also all the stuff were lovely, they know the resort isn't at its best so they are trying to make an effort to still create some Disney magic. We had a great time, but we were at the parks most days, had resavations at other restaurants and had a car. If you are going to be Resort centred most of the time and eating on site every day is important then maybe this isn't one for you. We would happily go back to CBR

DHH

wife and I stayed last june for 8 days. we use any resort for sleeping, storage, and a little down time. we had absolutely no problem with housekeeping, the construction or eating in the tent. planning on the next trip to be there in either march 2018 or june 2018.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom