CBR. How disappointing.

rt06

Original Poster
Look at this nonsense:

IMG_0133.JPG

Slimy mold in my ice bucket. There was also some splatter/spill residue, from who knows how long, on the A/C that was never wiped down during the duration of my stay.

I've stayed at $10 Central American hostels with more attention to detail.

I'm angry at myself for not addressing the issue. All I did was leave the bucket outside.

draybook

Look at this nonsense:

View attachment 58359

Slimy mold in my ice bucket. There was also some splatter/spill residue, from who knows how long, on the A/C that was never wiped down during the duration of my stay.

I've stayed at $10 Central American hostels with more attention to detail.

I'm angry at myself for not addressing the issue. All I did was leave the bucket outside.

I would have pooped in it and then left it outside.

cw1982

I hope you'll send them an email with that picture! I know many here say those emails don't go anywhere, but when I emailed Disney with a minor complaint and a suggestion for how to fix the issue at the hotel we were visiting, I got a call about a week later from Disney. My issue wasn't big enough to warrant any kind of refunds or anything like that, but they still took the time to call me.

Definitely write that email... at the very least, you'll have voiced your concerns.

Last edited:

Ariel1986

I hope you'll send them am email with that picture! I know many here say those emails don't go anywhere, but when I emailed Disney with a minor complaint and a suggestion for how to fix the issue at the hotel we were visiting, I got a call about a week later from Disney. My issue wasn't big enough to warrant any kind of refunds or anything like that, but they still took the time to call me.

Definitely write that email... at the very least, you'll have voiced your concerns.

I second this, I wrote an email over a housekeeping issue after we returned home and I also received a phone call and I actually also received a refund- there is no harm in it and takes no longer than making a post here, yet may get you a deserved response and Disney will also be aware of wear people are slacking.

stevehousse

Where in CBR were u located at? Just curious...I am staying there this fall and always hear that everyone either loves it or hates it...

DisneyPrincess5

Wow that's gross and also a problem for people with big mold and mildew allergies. Sorry that happened. Luckily it was only the ice bucket and not the shower or sink.

rt06

Original Poster
Where in CBR were u located at? Just curious...I am staying there this fall and always hear that everyone either loves it or hates it...

South Trinidad 3950. We were upgraded to a pirate room at check in. I was rather indifferent, knowing the location, but the CM's enthusiasm convinced me to give it a go. She did say to give a call if I was displeased.

I should have inspected every nook and cranny before we schlepped everything in. I was just happy to have finally made it at that point.

We didn't eat at Shutters. I didn't even know the place existed until later on in the week. We didn't eat at the food court. We visited the main pool only twice out of ten days. The lifeguard didn't allow us to toss our Disney mini football. Meanwhile, the smaller pool is a free for all with objects being thrown with major league velocity. Beer in the pool. Bloody towel on the chair. Chaos.

Disneydreamer23

Wow I stayed last year was in north Trinidad and I thought it was super clean looks like you got a mouse keeley who just didn't care ! I would call for sure

fugawe09

CBR isn't my favorite resort either. Housekeeping seems pretty variable depending on housekeeper. I'm glad they called you back, but a word to the wise - if something isn't right, let someone know right away. It's in everyone's best interest to let them fix the issue and keep your vacation positive vs. just dealing with it and then later trying to make up for it. No amount of refund can undo a crummy vacation.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom