CBJ to WTP?

bamboo7

Original Poster
I was wondering about the conversion of the Country Bears attraction into a Winnie the Pooh one. DOes anyone know how long ago this took place? and what is the pooh attraction like? some sort of anamatronic stage show, like cbj was?

kal1484

I didn't think that it was changed. I could be wrong though. Thought it was just closed, where did you hear this from?

DLMAGICDARREN

CBJ closed last September, and is being converted (although the company won't publicly admit it yet), to a Pooh dark ride like the one in WDW. It's rumored to open Spring 2003.

bamboo7

Original Poster
Originally posted by DLMAGICDARREN
CBJ closed last September, and is being converted (although the company won't publicly admit it yet), to a Pooh dark ride like the one in WDW. It's rumored to open Spring 2003.

so are they re-designing the whole building to do this? i know that when toad hall was converted into the pooh ride, the ride system didn't have to change much at all, but going from the country bears to that sort of things, i would guess, would call for a full building overhall.

bamboo7

Original Poster
Originally posted by wdwprincess03
I didn't think that it was changed. I could be wrong though. Thought it was just closed, where did you hear this from?

i didn't hear it from any reliable source. i just read a few things about it here, and am trying to gain an understanding of what is happening to it.

here is a thought, if they closed it down, and didn't release any info on what is to come of it, do you think there is a chance that it is just receiving an overhaul to make it go along with the new country bears movie?

DLMAGICDARREN

Originally posted by bamboo7

so are they re-designing the whole building to do this? i know that when toad hall was converted into the pooh ride, the ride system didn't have to change much at all, but going from the country bears to that sort of things, i would guess, would call for a full building overhall.

Yes, it is quite an extensive rehab, to convert a show from a theater type attraction, to a dark ride.

Although exact details are still not available, it's expected they will make the official announcement with details on July 17, Disneyland's 47th anniversary!

bamboo7

Original Poster

Yes, it is quite an extensive rehab, to convert a show from a theater type attraction, to a dark ride.

Although exact details are still not available, it's expected they will make the official announcement with details on July 17, Disneyland's 47th anniversary!

cool. thanks for the info. so, since there has been no official announcement as to what it will be, what causes people to think it will be a pooh ride? just 'shot in the dark' guesses, or is there any sort of evidance?

DLMAGICDARREN

Originally posted by bamboo7

cool. thanks for the info. so, since there has been no official announcement as to what it will be, what causes people to think it will be a pooh ride? just 'shot in the dark' guesses, or is there any sort of evidance?

Pretty much only that CM insiders see a daily clip inside Disneyland of the new attraction. They do that alot of that inside "backstage".

The reasons it has not been announced till know are probably nothing but politics, but the attraction is being built. There are weekly construction updates all over the web!

They didn't announce TOT at DCA till DCA's first anniverasry, so it would not surprise me they are holding off on the announcewment at Disneyland, until July 17th.

bamboo7

Original Poster

Pretty much only that CM insiders see a daily clip inside Disneyland of the new attraction. They do that alot of that inside "backstage".

The reasons it has not been announced till know are probably nothing but politics, but the attraction is being built. There are weekly construction updates all over the web!

They didn't announce TOT at DCA till DCA's first anniverasry, so it would not surprise me they are holding off on the announcewment at Disneyland, until July 17th.

cool, thanks.
do you know of any really good disneyland web sited? like this one,b ut DL related?

thanks again for the info

bamboo7

Original Poster
There's a few out there, my favorite is Mouseinfo.com, but there's also Laughingplace.com, intercotwest.com, and mouseplanet.com.

thanks

JLW11Hi

I can't believe that they would change the Country Bears show into Pooh just as the Country Bears movie is comming out.

DLMAGICDARREN

I don't think the attraction removal at Disneyland will have much impact on how the movie does. Remember this is a movie based on a Disney attraction, not necesarily a Disneyland attraction. After all it opened at WDW a year prior to them making a duplicate at Disneyland in 1972.

The movie also has little to do with the actual attraction, it just seems to take the idea of a group of bears that takes their act on the road, trying to "find" themselves. It may explain the personalities of the bears a bit more then we knew previously, but it won't bring us inside any Disney theme park.

Actually the followers upset about the attraction remeoval may find more reason to see the movie, since they miss them so. They actually put up movie posters around the theater. Many guests mistake these posters as ads that the attraction is re-opening soon. (Which it will, but it will no longer be the Bears).

DLMAGICDARREN

LOL, intresting rumor, but it's already pretty old and highly unlikely they would move them from one park to another in the same resort.

The more likely situation is they will be coming to Paris, who has never had any Bears attraction.

I would not be surprised to see some small sign of them remain at DLR, but certainly not the attraction itself, probably one animotronic or so will show up someday somewhere at the resort.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom