Catholic Masses in Disney World

Belle_kg

Hey everyone!!! This is my first time on this forum! Anyways, I am going to be in Disney World for the week of Mardi Gras (Feb. 10 through Feb. 16). Well, I've read on another unofficial Disney World website that the Polynesian Resort has Catholic Masses at 8 and 10 on Sunday mornings. What I really need to know is if they offer Catholic Masses on Holy Days (aka Ash Wednesday)? If anyone knows the answer or know how I can find the answer it would be greatly appreciated!!! Thanks so much!

Beauty and the

There is a very large Catholic Church called Our Lady of the Universe (I think)on the I4 right by the new shopping outlet, I'm sure one of our locals will be able to tell you the correct location.

Upvote 0

Beauty and the

There is a very large Catholic Church called Our Lady of the Universe (I think)on the I4 right by the new shopping outlet, I'm sure one of our locals will be able to tell you the correct location. They have mass every day so I'm sure Ash Wednesday willbe no different.

Upvote 0

Frank

There are no Catholic Masses on Disney Property. The Catholic church will not allow them. If you want to get married at disney you can not have a catholic wedding. The church does not allow it.

Upvote 0

Belle_kg

Original Poster
Thanks everyone for your help! I've heard of Our Lady of the Universe before and that will most likely be where we end up going! I can not wait until that week! The suspense is driving me up a wall!! lol

Upvote 0

Maria

It´s called "Mary Queen of the Universe Shrine", and it´s a huge nice Church on I-4 on exit 27 entering by State Road 535 and the avenue to Little Lake Bryan. I suck giving directions....sorry... but you will see it from I-4.

It also has a website and I believe the schedule for Masses are listed there too. I can´t remember it though, but it is easy to find, just do a search for "Mary Queen of the Universe Shrine" on any of the search engines.

Hope this helps. :)

Upvote 0

Mattore

Originally posted by Frank
There are no Catholic Masses on Disney Property. The Catholic church will not allow them. If you want to get married at disney you can not have a catholic wedding. The church does not allow it.

There are Catholic Masses held on Sundays at the Polynesian. And the Catholic Church does allow weddings in secular spaces, such as Disney World. They are just not encouraged. It all depends on the individual person in the Church that you are dealing with as to what kind of response you will get, just like with any other organization.

Upvote 0

Maria

If it had two fountains to the sides of a bridge at the entrance, and at the end of it, two buidlings on the side of a main one, then, it was "Mary Queen of the Universe Shrine".

It even has a chapel devoted to the Virgin of Guadalupe (the mother of the mexicans) with a beautiful mosaic of her in it. Amazing! Very nice.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom