Castmember Clothing Question

Scooter

Original Poster
I have a question for any WDW Castmembers that read this forum.

I have several Disney World Vacation Videos. In the videos, some of the Castmembers wear a BLUE Short sleeve Shirt with EPCOT'S Spacesip Earth prints all over it.

If is possible that someone could get one of these shirts for me? I LOVE the design and would be happy to pay a little extra for your time and efforts. PM me if it's possible.

Thanks
Scooter

Monorail Lime

Those are really snazzy shirts but I doubt you'll find a cast member who will be willing to risk their job by selling you one on this board. You'll have better luck checking out the auction sites.

drewDAK

From what I understand, cast member clothing is NOT for sale to any guests. This might be for security purposes.

If you really really want this shirt, I suggest finding a crooked cast member and bribing him.

Chances are, you won't because all costumes are electronically accounted for by a system of bar codes. Disney knows who has each costume at all times. Anyone who fails to return his or her costumes after their last day of work will not receive their final paycheck.

For the record, I am NOT a Disney Cast Member nor do I work for the Walt Disney Company or any of its affiliates. However, I am friends with many Disney Cast Members and I know a lot about the stupid rules they have to follow.

Monorail Lime

That's not quite how it works. You can only have a certain number of garments checked out at any time. You have to check your costume elements into the system when they need washing (if you are too lazy to do it yourself) before you can check out another costume.

Costumes do get lost or damaged due to cast member neglect so you can have an item deducted from your paycheck rather than checking it in to costuming. The cost varies from item to item but for something like that Epcot shirt (or a certain pair of shiny wings) the "black market" price is far greater than what you'll lose from your paycheck.

Obviously Disney will catch on if you "lose" items too often but there are crooked cast members who will dabble in the black market every now and then. With enough luck and money you can find anything...

mkt

When a paradise is lost go straight to Disney™
Premium Member
wish I could help you, but this is one of those things not worth losing my job over

Scooter

Original Poster
Thanks for your replies!!

Never mind about the shirt. I Guess I didn't realize they were Castmember exclusive. I thought anyone could buy them.

I wouldn't want to get anyone fired over something as trivial as a shirt. I just thought they looked cool.

Anyway...With my luck, if I managed to find one and wore it to Disney World, every sweaty,smelly, and obnoxious Park Guest in the place would be stopping me and asking me dumb questions..lol:lol:

Thanks again for the replies...you Castmembers are the best...you work hard, for little money or rewards and yet remain smiling. I God Bless you for that.:sohappy:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom