Castle Dreamlights?

Next Big Thing

Original Poster
I'm not one to usually start threads around here, I normally like to just sit back and take in info and occasionally post. However, I noticed there has been no work on installing the castle dreamlights yet, no crane on sight for it, or word of when the installation will occur (I know steve has posted in years past).They usually put them up in August at some point so that's why I question it.

So, are the lights not being put up this year (or are they just starting to put them up at a later date?). Or, are they switching to doing it with projection this year? I would hate to see that happen, but wouldn't be surprised...

jrh1985

^Thanks for starting a thread about this. I’m starting to worry a little. On the other hand, it’s only Labor Day. Maybe MK is waiting till after MM&Y, which ends tonight!!

wdwfan22

I can't imagine them not going up this year especially since they have been advertised as a part of Mickeys Very Merry Christmas Party.

RodrigoSeaman

Thanks for starting a thread about this
a91.jpg

mickeysbrother

We ha that last year in September also! Gf is gonna be ed at me I just know it! It's her second time to the world and she is a little up set with all the refurbs! But I warned her that when u go on the best dates there are usually things closed or work going around. Just give her another 10 trips and she won't see anything.. Tunnel vision

WDW_Jon

Obviously the dates are now in the newsfeed, but are they switched on every night or just for shows etc? We arrive on 3rd October and would be nice to see it all lit up!?

COProgressFan

Waiting for the annual complaints about the crane being in the way of pictures..:cool:

Why, those complaints aren't valid?

Putting on the lights is a huge project, I get that. But watching workers attach the lights on the castle, hanging from a bucket on a giant crane that towers over it, for 6 weeks a year, during park hours, really isn't good show is it?

The work could all be done overnight, and the crane could be lowered, or at least hidden behind the castle, by park opening every day. But it's not. So let the complaining begin ;)

Trekkie101

Disneyland Paris manages the same thing in less than 2 days, granted its not as big a castle but their method is much better (pre-built cages) that just get lowered into position then secured, also they hide the crane during the day.

Disney really could do this is many better ways, especially just lowering the crane during the day.

Crush Dude!

Back from WDW!Counting down to DLP in November!
Disneyland Paris manages the same thing in less than 2 days, granted its not as big a castle but their method is much better (pre-built cages) that just get lowered into position then secured, also they hide the crane during the day.

Disney really could do this is many better ways, especially just lowering the crane during the day.
DLP has a lot less lights & last year they were scaled back and this year they will have none whatsoever as Dreams has eaten the parks budget

Rasvar

Why, those complaints aren't valid?

Putting on the lights is a huge project, I get that. But watching workers attach the lights on the castle, hanging from a bucket on a giant crane that towers over it, for 6 weeks a year, during park hours, really isn't good show is it?

The work could all be done overnight, and the crane could be lowered, or at least hidden behind the castle, by park opening every day. But it's not. So let the complaining begin ;)

I'll cut some slack on this one. You have lots of EMH and MNSSHP going on during the period. Plus, it is not exactly the safest thing to be operating a crane in the night time hours. There are a ton of safety issues to deal with. You would have to install a lot of intruding hi-intensity work lights in order to light the area that may be even more intrusive. It is also not easy to relocate and hide the crane every day. You really don't want to be moving it all the time because it takes a couple of hours just to be put in place. So it really comes down to short visual disruption or no dreamlights at all.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom