• Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.

Castaway Cay Activites

pjkdog

Original Poster
Do I get any benefit from prepaying before we leave for things like the slides etc or is it better to just see how the weather is the day we get to the island buy packages onsite.

EOD K9

Advertisement
Do I get any benefit from prepaying before we leave for things like the slides etc or is it better to just see how the weather is the day we get to the island buy packages onsite.
Slides are free. I prepaid the bike and snorkel package on my first cruise, but there are so many bikes, tubes, and snorkels that I found it unnecessary. Excursions that fill up fast like parasailing and fishing should be booked ahead of time.

LSLS

If you have some room, buying snorkles at like walmart is much cheaper than renting at Castaway (and it is free to go around the snorkling area, you just pay for the gear). Personally I always wait (and I actually don't think we've done much that cost anything there). The benefit is some things can sell out (things like the glass bottom boat), so you guarantee your spot.

jeffnheather

We prepaid for the bike/tube/snorkel package but only used the bikes. As others have said, there were TONS of bikes available, so there isn't a concern about them running out of those. I am just an over-planner, so I didn't want to have to worry about taking care of anything extra on the island. Just had my 'tickets' for the items, went to the place, signed the waivers, and got the bikes.

pjkdog

Original Poster
If you have some room, buying snorkles at like walmart is much cheaper than renting at Castaway (and it is free to go around the snorkling area, you just pay for the gear). Personally I always wait (and I actually don't think we've done much that cost anything there). The benefit is some things can sell out (things like the glass bottom boat), so you guarantee your spot.
Yeah we have some gear at home, but I hate packing the flippers but if we have to wear life jacket. Maybe i dont need those?

EOD K9

Yeah we have some gear at home, but I hate packing the flippers but if we have to wear life jacket. Maybe i dont need those?
I bought TREK snorkel fins for my last trip. They’re shorter and pack easily. They also work just as well as the full size fins for what you are doing.

Top Bottom