cast member discounted room

Hi,

A friend of mine is a becoming cast member in May.

For a trip in August - If we were to use the cast member discount for the room, (he won't be there) what are my optinos for park tickets and the dining plan?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

wdwfan22

If the Cast Member isn't staying in the room with you, then it would just be a friends and family rate which is normally 40% off. Tickets and other options can be added to the room.

Upvote 0

plutofan15

Chances are you will not be able to use a room discount without the cast member being there - probably not a wise thing for your friend to attempt to do either. A cast member ID needs to shown at check-in in order to get the discount.

Upvote 0

s8film40

Chances are you will not be able to use a room discount without the cast member being there - probably not a wise thing for your friend to attempt to do either. A cast member ID needs to shown at check-in in order to get the discount.

The cast member does not need to be there for the discount as long as it is the friends and family discount for 40%. The cast member also does not need to be there for check-in but will need to go by the hotel sometime prior to check-in to validate the reservation discount.

Upvote 0

Scuttle

It doesnt not have to be at check in. My friend always stops by a few days before and shows them his id to get us the cast member rate.

Upvote 0

tampabrad

As long as the CM validates the reservation with the resort, they do not have to stay in the room.

As for tickets, CMs don't really get a discount on tickets. When I was a CM the ticket discount was only a couple of $$. But, we could use our Main Gate pass to get people 1 day park hoppers for free. As a single person, I could get 3 people, 12 days. But I was supposed to be in the parks with them.

As for dining, you have to be with the CM to get any dining discounts.

If you want to add tickets and dining to a CM discounted room, it is possible. I believe it is at the regular guest rate.

Upvote 0

Chezman1399

For guests it's 40% off and we need to show IDs, as far as dining and tickets. Disney Occasionally offers Dining to Cast members and CM Guests, although that's a periodic thing. And tickets are a completely seperate issues, we get about 10% off, however we have to purchase them at the cast store.

Upvote 0

Poofiesdream

My daughter-in-law is a CM and we go without her no problem. We get 40%off and she just has to go to the resort within a week before we arrive and sign a paper. Thats all. Dinning plans without her are available on a limited bases.

Upvote 0

juniorthomas

No. Depending on your status you can sign in a certain number of guests each day for free (you have to go to the park entrance with them), subject to blackout dates. A few times a year CMs get and handful of comp tickets for friends/family.

Wow, thanks! At my job we get free coffee. And plastic forks and spoons.

Upvote 0

joshuaweiss

hi there
me and my CM buddy both live in CA and he booked a F/F discount room in Orlando for me. how does he show proof that he booked it and its okay for me to stay in the room?

Upvote 0

fugawe09

hi there
me and my CM buddy both live in CA and he booked a F/F discount room in Orlando for me. how does he show proof that he booked it and its okay for me to stay in the room?

They allow him to FAX it to the resort back office. He should follow up via phone that it was received.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom