Andor (Rogue One prequel) Series on D+

Ghost93

I'm not too excited since we already know how Andor's story ends (dies in Rogue One) and how the story of the Rebellion vs the Empire ends. It may be a well-made show, but there's no real hook for me. I'd prefer Star Wars to tell completely new stories unaffiliated with the timelines of the original, prequel or sequel trilogies.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Original Poster
I'm not too excited since we already know how Andor's story ends (dies in Rogue One) and how the story of the Rebellion vs the Empire ends. It may be a well-made show, but there's no real hook for me. I'd prefer Star Wars to tell completely new stories unaffiliated with the timelines of the original, prequel or sequel trilogies.
This is why all WWII movies aren't worth watching.

Ghost93

This is why all WWII movies aren't worth watching.
Most WWII movies focus on characters where the average person doesn't know what happens to them. So there is at least some element of suspense. But in this case, we already know the outcome of the war in Star Wars AND what happened to Cassian.

erasure fan1

Most WWII movies focus on characters where the average person doesn't know what happens to them. So there is at least some element of suspense. But in this case, we already know the outcome of the war in Star Wars AND what happened to Cassian.
That was my issue with black widow. If they released it in the capt marvel spot, it would have been more impactful. I really liked R1 so I'm looking forward to this but I agree, it will be tough to really get that emotional high.

Ghost93

That was my issue with black widow. If they released it in the capt marvel spot, it would have been more impactful. I really liked R1 so I'm looking forward to this but I agree, it will be tough to really get that emotional high.
If I ever do a rewatch of the MCU, I'll probably watch Black Widow somewhere in between Civil War and Infinity War — where it chronologically takes place. The movie definitely felt like a leftover from Phase 3 instead of the first movie of Phase 4.

Indy_UK

Excited to see this and glad there’s 12 episodes, just hope they aren’t really stretched out as I felt that happened a bit in The Book of Boba Fett

doctornick

Excited to see this and glad there’s 12 episodes, just hope they aren’t really stretched out as I felt that happened a bit in The Book of Boba Fett

The trailer makes it look like they are focusing on other characters of the Rebellion in addition to Andor himself which should help.

With 12 episodes I'm hoping it is more episodic (each one being more self contained) than just one ongoing story broken up. I mean, I'm sure there will be a season long arc but it doesn't have to be just one plot and there can be smaller missions. I thought Mandalorian Season 1 did that very well.

Jedijax719

I wonder if this show will showcase the entire rebellion (it will have been well into it by this time) or just a response on one small world.

Small world responses to the Empire can open up a whole endless slew of original stories and tales.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom