Andor (Rogue One prequel) Series on D+

Screamface

Gilroy was on The Writer's Panel podcast recently. It was interesting as he discussed the evolution of the show. Lucasfilm was developing it without him for quite some time. They originally had the idea of it being a 5 season show. It being Andor and K2SO on different missions each week.

After being asked to look at it. He wrote up a document of what the show should be. Including why their approach was wrong. What the show should be. Issues it would have. Informed by his experience on Rogue One. Such as K2SO being a difficult character to write for seeing he stands out so much and has to be explained.

It was an interesting insight into Lucasfilm Disney when they don't have good talent working and probably why everything else Star Wars is failing.

doctornick

Gilroy was on The Writer's Panel podcast recently. It was interesting as he discussed the evolution of the show. Lucasfilm was developing it without him for quite some time. They originally had the idea of it being a 5 season show. It being Andor and K2SO on different missions each week.

Well, as someone who felt that Andor - despite being well written and produced - was kinda boring, I've got to say that this idea sounds much better to me. I actually disliked the long drawn out arcs and shorter stories completed in one episode with different missions would have IMHO been more interesting.

Screamface

Well, as someone who felt that Andor - despite being well written and produced - was kinda boring, I've got to say that this idea sounds much better to me. I actually disliked the long drawn out arcs and shorter stories completed in one episode with different missions would have IMHO been more interesting.

I would say go listen to his explanation of the issues with that. There's a reason they were struggling for years with the scripts not working. So the people who brought us that Kenobi garbage didn't even think it was working.

I found Andor very compelling. Was never bored once.

DCBaker

Premium Member
Update from Deadline on the production of Andor Season 2 amid the ongoing strikes.

"Andor will be forced to temporarily pause its Season 2 shoot as it becomes the latest major victim of the SAG-AFTRA strike.

Disney+’s critically-acclaimed Star Wars series is just weeks away from wrapping in the UK, but looks set to fall short of the finish line as a result of the actors strike, which is wrapping its first week. A rep for series producer Lucasfilm declined to comment.

Amid speculation in the UK that the series has shut down, Deadline understands that Andor remains in production at Pinewood Studios without its SAG-AFTRA cast members and will continue shooting for as long as it can with actors who fall under agreements with Equity, the British acting union.

Equity performers have been told that they risk being sued for breach of contract if they walk off set in solidarity with American colleagues.

It is not clear when Andor will be able to complete the remainder of its shoot with the actors who are currently striking. There is currently no end in sight for the SAG-AFTRA — as well as the Writers Guild of America — walkouts."

Full article below.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom