Cash-Strapped Disney

Lilofan

There’s no money in that...and I don’t believe Disney even “owns” them...they are third party managed - for sure.

Cps/ips cost Disney a big fat zero...not one cent. But renting out their austin Powers pads isn’t the way to sustain profits. Disney would be run of the mill apartment lords in a depressed economy Orlando.

As quark says: “there’s no profit in that”
I read somewhere about "working from home" could be a thing of the future. If a number of cast continue to work from home, can Disney rent out vacant office space? Sell buildings? Raze buildings and develop something else in the current land it occupies in?

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I read somewhere about "working from home" could be a thing of the future. If a number of cast continue to work from home, can Disney rent out vacant office space? Sell buildings? Raze buildings and develop something else in the current land it occupies in?
Not ridiculous ideas...

But this is where I have to just state Disney’s goals at parks:

Their goal is to get the maximum amount of people crammed into those parks from all over the universe, charging maximum fees for everything...regardless of the customers access to cash and/or credit...especially the sweatshop, walk away profit merchandise made by 12 years olds in the factories out back of the castle in Shanghai...
While saving costs in the margins.

Anything else is just window dressing in the middle of the night in a house with the power out.

Was I too subtle? Sometimes I get accused of that and not “cutting it to the bone enough”🤪

Kamikaze

If Disney needs to make $$, they will find a way to make it. You underestimate their minds. Desperate times can mean desperate actions.

They'd be more likely to sell the apartments off. They aren't going to be landlords for regular apartment tenants. Period. It has nothing to do with underestimating 'their minds'. Its just not something they would consider. Do you know the type of BS that comes with being an apartment landlord? I bet you don't. They simply are not going to deal with it, no matter how desperate they are.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
They'd be more likely to sell the apartments off. They aren't going to be landlords for regular apartment tenants. Period. It has nothing to do with underestimating 'their minds'. Its just not something they would consider. Do you know the type of BS that comes with being an apartment landlord? I bet you don't. They simply are not going to deal with it, no matter how desperate they are.
Being a landlord sucks...period. I’ve had a couple of houses over the years and I don’t wish it on anyone.

They’d be better off selling zoom meetings with face characters to kids...

...Hmmm🤔

Kamikaze

Walt's actual plane that used to be at the Backlot Tour at DHS, is just sitting away in storage near MK. Rehab it and someone may pay a hefty sum for it.

They could also let you drive the ferry boats. Or run on top of the monorail. Or maybe they'll start a service where you get 'alone time' with the princesses. Just because they're in need of cash flow doesn't mean they've lost the plot.

Lilofan

They could also let you drive the ferry boats. Or run on top of the monorail. Or maybe they'll start a service where you get 'alone time' with the princesses. Just because they're in need of cash flow doesn't mean they've lost the plot.
Let them have you drive them with the rising sun plastered on the side!😅

Lilofan

I've sat in team meetings in my line of work where we brainstorm ideas to raise cash. No idea is a bad idea.😉

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Love all these armchair accountants in this thread. Has anyone come up with doing just a bunch of lemonade stands?

Yes. Yes they have.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom