Casey’s re-opening?

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
I doubt it will reopen until social distancing goes away as it's too small of a space and they dont have the staffing. I was there in September as well as earlier this month. You can get a hotdog at other places.

Raxel7851

Original Poster
Yeah, but it's not like they are good, high quality hot dogs that are a cut above the standard generic food service hot dogs anymore. You can dress them up and charge 15 bucks, but it's still just a cheap Sysco hot dog.
So you go to the parks for “gourmet” food? The vast majority of park visitors eat where they can create new memories/traditions for themselves. The parks are loaded with fast food type places. That’s a part of the park experience. Popcorn, ice cream, pretzels, burgers, Starbucks, you name it, it’s most likely there. Oh, BTW, Sysco is one of the country’s largest food distributors to restaurants. Makes me think you’ve eaten “cheap Sysco” food at some point.

Yellow Shoes

Yeah, but it's not like they are good, high quality hot dogs that are a cut above the standard generic food service hot dogs anymore. You can dress them up and charge 15 bucks, but it's still just a cheap Sysco hot dog.
AGREED! I'd passed on Casey's for years and finally stopped in. Oscar Mayer weiner, for sure. Loved sitting outside, and loved the old "bleacher" seating inside, but definitely not worth the hype.

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
AGREED! I'd passed on Casey's for years and finally stopped in. Oscar Mayer weiner, for sure. Loved sitting outside, and loved the old "bleacher" seating inside, but definitely not worth the hype.
The bleacher seating has been gone for years. They replaced it with tables. Currently, it's used as an extension for the Emporium.

granfiesta

I doubt it will reopen until social distancing goes away as it's too small of a space and they dont have the staffing. I was there in September as well as earlier this month. You can get a hotdog at other places.
You may be able to get a hot dog other places, but during our Nov. trip, I couldn't find the frozen mint julep anywhere.

Phonedave

So you go to the parks for “gourmet” food? The vast majority of park visitors eat where they can create new memories/traditions for themselves. The parks are loaded with fast food type places. That’s a part of the park experience. Popcorn, ice cream, pretzels, burgers, Starbucks, you name it, it’s most likely there. Oh, BTW, Sysco is one of the country’s largest food distributors to restaurants. Makes me think you’ve eaten “cheap Sysco” food at some point.

Not gourmet, but when it is a specific hot dog place, I expect it to have at least good hot dogs. I actually do not like Casey's hot dogs at all. I'm not looking for a "artisanal, hand crafted, cold smoked, kobe beef and heritage pork" hot dog. But something that at least has some taste and a nice snap would be appreciated.

NelleBelle

And they finally got a veggie hot dog!! It actually sounded delicious! The veggie dog at DCA's hot dog place was really good as well. And would love to have a frozen mint julep with it as well!!!

Rob562

According to a recent TimTracker video, he was told by a CM the closure is because the space didn't allow for proper physical-distancing by CM's behind the counter. So it will likely remain closed until they no longer have to physical-distance.

-Rob

cinderellafan6

Sorry to bump the tread....but anyone have any ideas when Caseys can/will open???? Im hoping it will be opened by the 50th anniversary.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom