News Casey’s Corner and Main Street Ice Cream Parlor to Reopen at Magic Kingdom

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!
Casey’s seems like one of those iconic Main Street establishments that frankly I was shocked it didn’t open with the park last July, but I guess they wanted to use the space as a queue for the Emporium.

TTA94

I don't even care if they have desserts. 🤭 Just give me a giant Mickey cookie in a baggie with a diet coke and point me to my comfort zone in the garden.

You’d think it would be a no brainer for them to bring these back. They would sell out most nights for the very reason of “comfort zones”.

TTA94

I wonder how the lines will be handled for Casey’s and especially the Ice Cream Parlor? It wasn’t a pretty site before covid either around show times. I’d say mobile ordering but then everyone will be waiting around outside and that area gets congested easily.

TrainsOfDisney

I’d say mobile ordering but then everyone will be waiting around outside and that area gets congested easily.
I would regularly watch Jim and Mark play the piano at Casey’s and mobile order seemed to be pretty bad at that location as is. There was a CM at the door by the piano who wouldn’t let anyone in unless they could show the “order ready” light but there really wasn’t anywhere for them to wait as that area was really congested.

Casey’s really shouldn’t be the only quick serve available in that location. At Disneyland for example you have Coke Corner (Casey’s) right next to Jolly Holiday Cafe and right across the street from the corn dog truck.

At WDW the nearest quick serve would be... sleepy hollow? (Not counting Tomorrowland plaza... if that would continue to operate it would help).

castlecake2.0

I would regularly watch Jim and Mark play the piano at Casey’s and mobile order seemed to be pretty bad at that location as is. There was a CM at the door by the piano who wouldn’t let anyone in unless they could show the “order ready” light but there really wasn’t anywhere for them to wait as that area was really congested.

Casey’s really shouldn’t be the only quick serve available in that location. At Disneyland for example you have Coke Corner (Casey’s) right next to Jolly Holiday Cafe and right across the street from the corn dog truck.

At WDW the nearest quick serve would be... sleepy hollow? (Not counting Tomorrowland plaza... if that would continue to operate it would help).
I feel they have the same issue at the dole whip place (can’t remember the name right now). There’s just not enough room to hold the people waiting, which is what the traditional queue is meant to be for. These venues would probably benefit more by having a “line buster”, a cast member that walks the line, hands out menus and answers questions, reminds guests to have their payment ready etc. We did this at a location I worked in and it dramatically speeds up the line. Mobile order works best at large venues that have big serving lines and space to wait.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
Is it this year or next year when the drones will deliver your mobile order directly to you anywhere on property?
Next year, but you'll have to be wearing one of the new "high-power Magic Helmets" so the drone can pinpoint your location.
1624200538628.png

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom