Cars Land vs Pandora

• Cars Land

Votes: 32 53.3%
  • Pandora

Votes: 28 46.7%

• Total voters

QuasiNoFroyo

Original Poster
In my opinion, both of these highly immersive lands do a fantastic job at capturing the overall look, feel, and atmosphere of the movies they're based on, complete with state-of-the-art E-ticket attractions (such as Radiator Springs Racers and Flight of Passage) and several little details here and there that help set them apart from all the other lands in their respective parks. But which of these two amazing lands sticks with you more?

unmitigated disaster

For me Pandora because I live in the Desert Southwest. Not at all near Monument Valley- I'm in Tucson, but I laughed when I realized we were eating beneath a Palo Verde tree in Carsland- we could have just stayed at home!

TheX8

To me Pandora feels more immersive, with Cars Land it doesn't seem a world of its own. I prefer Flight of Passage over Radiator Springs Racers. Pandora wins!

Kevin_W

Carsland IMHO is a bit off when it comes to scale.

The "big reveal" in RSR when you go around the corner and see the bridge and the waterfall with the soaring music... that feels a little like Beast's Castle to me. The forced perspective doesn't work all that well and it just looks like a little bridge. Luckily, that's at the beginning and the rest of the ride is great.

Pandora Land is the best option to expand animal kingdom. I think that with the future 4 Films about Pandora will be the best moment to expand Pandora and convert in a new big land of Animal Kingdom.

They could put an attraction on Pandora's animal fauna but Merging the concept of virtual reality and semiopen coaster.

DisneyAndUniversalFan

Both are great lands, but as mentioned above, I think Cars Land just has a more Disney and alive/energetic feel to it. Especially at night when the town is all lit up and the canyon looks amazing. I really like Flight of Passage, but Radiator Springs to me is the better ride, I enjoy it more, and I can appreciate it being all real sets and no screens in sight.

Marc Davis Fan

Cars Land has sightline problems that pull me out of the experience. Most notably, the view of ToT/GotG-M:B is really intrusive. I don’t think there’s much they could’ve done to avoid that, though.

Pandora is a hands-down winner for me.

That said, I think entering Cars Land from Pacific Wharf is one of the biggest “wow” moments in any Disney park.

Kevin_W

Both are great lands, but as mentioned above, I think Cars Land just has a more Disney and alive/energetic feel to it. Especially at night when the town is all lit up and the canyon looks amazing. I really like Flight of Passage, but Radiator Springs to me is the better ride, I enjoy it more, and I can appreciate it being all real sets and no screens in sight.

I get what you mean, but there are screens in RSR. The scene in the car shop when you get new tires is a screen. And even the advanced AA's like McQueen and Mater at the end of the ride are a type of screen.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom