Carrying on water

ChuckElias

Original Poster
Is there a limit on the amount of bottled water that you can carry on to the ship? I tried to check the DCL site, but their FAQ page is down at the moment.

Club Cooloholic

Is there a limit on the amount of bottled water that you can carry on to the ship? I tried to check the DCL site, but their FAQ page is down at the moment.
Don't get nuts with it. Your cabin only has so much room, and there are plenty of places to grab a cup of water, juice or soda for free. That said I don't remember a limit.

Last edited:

King Racoon 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
As far as i can tell, so long as it fits in your carry onboard luggage and can go through the x-ray scanner there is no limit to water.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
I do not believe there is a limit.

The rules, however, do state that the bottles must be unopened and in original packaging. You also have to bring it in your carry on luggage so be prepared to lug the thing around for a little while on the first day.

Filtered water is available for free at all dring stations and they have a bottled water package you can purchase onboard, but it is around $2 per bottle and Dasani.🤢

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Thanks for the answers and advice. I'm not actually asking for myself. (I drink Coke Zero, not water! :) ) I was asked by somebody that I'm cruising with.
Then my advice would be to tell them they can bring as much as they want and stress the importance of staying hydrated on a cruise. You can then point and laugh at them why they attempt to carry around 10 cases of water that first afternoon and the 9 they have leftover at the end. ;)

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
I thought the limit was a case of water bottles, but I could be wrong.

Edit: Still can't find the answer. And I officially hate the Disney Mom's Panel. Someone asks a question and they get a paragraph of how wonderful the Disney Cruise Line is, with mulitple links, before they semi-answer the question.

Edit #2: No limit, so whatever you can carry onto the ship.

Last edited:

Tiggerish

Resident Redhead
Premium Member
I am picky about the taste of my water and I drink the filtered water on board for free. I bring a Tervis or some kind of similar tumbler and just fill it up as it empties, which is often.

Knowing that everyone's tastebuds are different, and can be particularly particular about water, I feel compelled to share that Poland Spring is my favorite, I like Nestle PureLife and Dasani, Smartwater and Deer Park are fine; but I find Zephyr Hills and Aquafina undrinkable. :)

No offense intended to anyone who likes ZH and Aquafina, and please don't flame me for liking Dasani. I just thought I'd share the taste profile so others can make informed decisions about whether lugging their favorite brand of H20 is worth the effort. :)

Last edited:

Club Cooloholic

I am picky about the taste of my water and I drink the filtered water on board for free. I bring a Tervis or some kind of similar tumbler and just fill it up as it empties, which is often.

Knowing that everyone's tastebuds are different, and can be particularly particular about water, I feel compelled to share that Poland Spring is my favorite, I like Nestle PureLife and Dasani, Smartwater and Deer Park are fine; but I find Zephyr Hills and Aquafina undrinkable. :)

No offense intended to anyone who likes ZH and Aquafina, and please don't deride me for liking Dasani. I just thought I'd share the taste profile so others can make informed decisions about whether lugging their favorite brand of H20 is worth the effort. :)
Like 2 companies make 60 percent of all the bottled water brands so its funny to me. Most are just municipal tap water that gets filtered some more, all the plastic bottles are terrible.

muddyrivers

There's a video I was watching from Business Insider that was showing where each of these bottled water brands source their water from. Call me snooty but I'm a fan of Fiji Water. Trader Joe's near me has 1.5L bottles for $2.99 which is fantastic!

lostpro9het

Or you can attend a DVC presentation and grab a few bottles of free Evian :cool:
2 weeks go on The Magic they started doling out Evian small in glass bottles rather than plastic bottles at the DVC events. We wondered if this was meant to be a deterrent for folks stocking up on the trip or just a limited time thing.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom