Carribean Beach Rehab Notes and Pictures

TURKEY

FIRST IMPRESSION

The entire area of Old Port Royale is much brighter. There are new fans. Seems like new tables and chairs as well. The decor is of houses.

MENU

The menus of the quick service restaurants are the new picture view menus. Similar to Mara's at AKL and other restaurants on property. The menus seem similar to those before the rehab.

LAYOUT

Shutters (sit down) is no longer at the left corner nearest the merchandise area. It is still on the left side, on the far end (nearest Martinique).

The quick serves are still at the right side of the building. There seem to be the same number (maybe one less, Bakery??) **I didn't spend much time in OPR before, so comparisons may not be totally accurate.**

There is a Grab and Go that offers deli sandwiches, alcoholic beverages, salads, deserts, baked goods (cookies, muffins, etc), chips, drinks. It is on the corner with the restrooms and phones behind it. The Grab and Go has its own register.

All other quick serve restaurants use universal registers. No longer do you pay at each restaurant but at one. Cups are distributed at the registers. They are the small ones, but you get free refills.

If you order a pizza, you get a pager instead of having someone bringing it to you or waiting in line.

Behind the registers is the beverage area. The ketchup dispensers are similar to those at Pecos Bill's with ketchup, mayo, and mustard in one dispenser. The tomatos, lettuce is on the backside of the drink island. There are hot mushrooms and onions available as well much like Pecos Bill's. Coffee is available, hot chocolate is not available on the island.

Near the windows is a bar area with toasters for bagels and toast, 2 microwaves, sugars, creamers, salt, pepper, etc.

Each restaurant also has a cooler with milks and juices.

In my mind, I pictured two somewhat divided sections that were slightly elevated from part of the rest of the tables. One on the left and right. **Note, I'm not sure of this.** There is now one area located behind Shutters.

Shutters has glass windows both looking outside, but also on the interior looking into the quick service tables.

MERCHANDISE

Also much brighter. Hard to compare to previous, due to lack of time and attention.

ARCADE

No experience with either version.

TURKEY

Original Poster
Shutters on the left. Quick Service on the right. Facing from the main entry way toward Martinique. The Old Port Royale bus stop is on the right.

Attachments

• cb1.jpg
    cb1.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 622
Upvote 0

TURKEY

Original Poster
Looking at the merchandise area from the dining area. The arcade is just out of the picture on the left. There are still merchandise stands outside the store. (The store had as good of selection if not better of 2003 and 75 Mickey merchandise than any park).

Attachments

• cb2.jpg
    cb2.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 580
Upvote 0

TURKEY

Original Poster
Lights above Grab and Go. The rest of the quick serve areas are to the left.

Attachments

• cb6 lights above grab and go.jpg
    cb6 lights above grab and go.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 565
Upvote 0

wannabeBelle

I thank you for your wonderful pics and descriptions of the OPR area of CB. I was thinking about getting down to Disney maybe the end of this month/beginning of next. This may help influence the resort!!! Did you notice if Shutters planned to have breakfast anytime soon?? Belle

Upvote 0

TURKEY

Original Poster
The merchandise area. Tables and chairs just to the right of the merch area.

Attachments

• cb9 merch area.jpg
    cb9 merch area.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 527
Upvote 0

TURKEY

Original Poster
Registers and the beverage area. Tables on either side of the beverage island.

Attachments

• cb5 registers and bev.jpg
    cb5 registers and bev.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 499
Upvote 0

TURKEY

Original Poster
Originally posted by wannabeBelle
I thank you for your wonderful pics and descriptions of the OPR area of CB. I was thinking about getting down to Disney maybe the end of this month/beginning of next. This may help influence the resort!!! Did you notice if Shutters planned to have breakfast anytime soon?? Belle

The pictures were made right at 10 pm. Shutters is open from 5-10 pm. It doesn't appear the will offer breakfast or lunch anytime soon.

Upvote 0

deb1835

Thanks for the pics !! I've been checking numerous discussion boards and your pics are the first I've seen. Thanks for taking the time to show everyone :sohappy:

Upvote 0

surfsupdon

All about The NEW Caribbean

This was my families 12th time staying at Dinsey's Caribbean Beach resort since we first stayed there when it opened in 1988. We have ALWAYS stayed in ARUBA! We were just there from 12/26 (my 20th bday) to 1/5, one week after the refurbishments had been completed. All I can say is that they really made the resort even more excellent than it already was, more convenient and more tropical and beautiful.
The changes included major renovations in each and every room, including all new carpets, curtains, bed covers, new armoires, night tables, and chest of drawers, in a minty green color as opposed to their old color of beige. All the electronics in the room where new as well. New toilets and a new shower/tub, with bamboo imprints in the wall. The bathroom and vanity area had new lighting and a brand new hard tiled floor! Also, a slide curtain was put up to "separate" the rom, which is helpful when people change and shower.

Outside, all the buildings were newly painted, all new landscaping, mulch, the bridges connecting Parrot Cay had new wood as well as the promenade "in the woods" by Aruba and Barbados.

Old Port Royale was completely new, new restaurant, Shutters, had good food and was much more "up-scale" than captains tavern. Food at the food court is always excellent, it was a convenient redo, but it wasnt as "homey" as it used to be. But still very nice!

We have also stayed at Dixie Landings, Walt Disney World DOLPHIN, and Polynesian. And after those "mistakes" we always return to Caribbean Beach. It truly is the best--I mean it!! It is our second home!!

Upvote 0

Lilo

Thanks for the pics. It might make my decision a lot less stressful. We are going June 27-June30. We had stayed at the Contemporary (3 times) and in November 02 at the Beach Club. Never again at the Beach Club. Too pricey and not worth it.:mad:

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom