Carribean Beach ...package goods question

mitchk

Original Poster
I was curious with the current refurbishment of Carribean Beach if they still have a section that you could still purchase package goods from like beer and such. I'm headed there in December and this never even crossed my mind

Thank you

iluvMainStMagic

I found some info here:
http://www.disneycaribbeanbeach.com...bean-beach-resort-during-construction-project
Sorry I don't know how to make the links highlight so you can do there directly. Please note, this was last updated May 2017.

"The other dining option is being called an "island market" and guests will find these in three of the villages at the resort. DFB visited the Martinique island market which was housed in room 2509.
Let that sink in: the island market is in a repurposed hotel room.
In the "market" you'll find assorted "grab-and-go" items and the refillable mugs. ....."
[but apparently not the refill stations]

This one, from June 2017, gives a little more specific info on the items you asked about. Sorry if it's too much info, just wanted to be sure to cover as much as they covered, in case you or someone else had add'l questions. Also, the page has a pictures of the items/areas listed below.
http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2017/...ch-resort-dining-options-during-construction/

"...the set up is similar to many grab and go areas in other resorts.
A bookcase held an assortment of refillable mugs, Mickey krispies, fresh fruit, and assorted chips.
A cooler was stocked with additional items, including fresh fruit, Uncrustables, desserts, wine, beer, and more.
There are some actual meals here. The day we visited, there were chicken Caesar wraps, Cobb salads, and pre-made sandwiches, all ready to go.
A separate cooler held additional bottled drinks, like water, juice, soda, and milk.
There was also a microwave for warming purchases. We found a selection of Twinings tea, Nutri Grain bars, and Pop Tarts as well.
A coffee station dispenses java as well as hot water, and condiments are available for customizing your hot drink.
A tiny pastry case shares counter space with the coffee station, and offers up assorted bakery items like muffins, cupcakes, brownies, and cookies.

Updates About Refillable Mugs Stations, a Bar, and More
You might be wondering where the refillable mug station is, since it wasn’t in the makeshift Martinique Market. We were, too.
According to cast members that we talked to, refillable mug stations will be by the small rooms where ice is dispensed. They were scheduled to be available possibly as early as Friday, May 5, but we have not seen them yet.
Because a bar is pretty much a requirement for a vacation for lots of us, we also asked if there would be a bar opened to replace Banana Cabana. We were told that there will be a bar constructed in the Old Port Royale parking area. Think “pop up” bar, like you often see around Disney during special events or extra busy times.
Editor’s Note: We’ve confirmed that all options — grab and go, the buffet, and the food truck options, are all considered to be quick service credits on the Disney Dining Plan."

Bender123

Having stayed there in July, I can confirm that each village has a refillable mug station in one of the ice maker rooms. Its actually more convenient than having to walk all the way to OPR. They are just the Coke freestyle machines, so the selection is great. The island markets are "OK". They have the basics, like single cans of domestic beer, soda, food items and basics. Its nothing extreme, but it gets you through the day. They also have pastries, coffee, tea and such.

The Center Town markets have a small truck with gifts and such. If you go to the parks, you wont even really notice the lack of merch items.

Honestly, it wasn't bad. If you are looking to spend a ton of time at the hotel, then its not a good spot right now, but if you are only back for a swim, sleep and shower, its almost unnoticeable.

mitchk

Original Poster
Having stayed there in July, I can confirm that each village has a refillable mug station in one of the ice maker rooms. Its actually more convenient than having to walk all the way to OPR. They are just the Coke freestyle machines, so the selection is great. The island markets are "OK". They have the basics, like single cans of domestic beer, soda, food items and basics. Its nothing extreme, but it gets you through the day. They also have pastries, coffee, tea and such.

The Center Town markets have a small truck with gifts and such. If you go to the parks, you wont even really notice the lack of merch items.

Honestly, it wasn't bad. If you are looking to spend a ton of time at the hotel, then its not a good spot right now, but if you are only back for a swim, sleep and shower, its almost unnoticeable.

Thank you so much. Have a magical day!

mitchk

Original Poster
I found some info here:
http://www.disneycaribbeanbeach.com...bean-beach-resort-during-construction-project
Sorry I don't know how to make the links highlight so you can do there directly. Please note, this was last updated May 2017.

"The other dining option is being called an "island market" and guests will find these in three of the villages at the resort. DFB visited the Martinique island market which was housed in room 2509.
Let that sink in: the island market is in a repurposed hotel room.
In the "market" you'll find assorted "grab-and-go" items and the refillable mugs. ....."
[but apparently not the refill stations]

This one, from June 2017, gives a little more specific info on the items you asked about. Sorry if it's too much info, just wanted to be sure to cover as much as they covered, in case you or someone else had add'l questions. Also, the page has a pictures of the items/areas listed below.
http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2017/...ch-resort-dining-options-during-construction/

"...the set up is similar to many grab and go areas in other resorts.
A bookcase held an assortment of refillable mugs, Mickey krispies, fresh fruit, and assorted chips.
A cooler was stocked with additional items, including fresh fruit, Uncrustables, desserts, wine, beer, and more.
There are some actual meals here. The day we visited, there were chicken Caesar wraps, Cobb salads, and pre-made sandwiches, all ready to go.
A separate cooler held additional bottled drinks, like water, juice, soda, and milk.
There was also a microwave for warming purchases. We found a selection of Twinings tea, Nutri Grain bars, and Pop Tarts as well.
A coffee station dispenses java as well as hot water, and condiments are available for customizing your hot drink.
A tiny pastry case shares counter space with the coffee station, and offers up assorted bakery items like muffins, cupcakes, brownies, and cookies.

Updates About Refillable Mugs Stations, a Bar, and More
You might be wondering where the refillable mug station is, since it wasn’t in the makeshift Martinique Market. We were, too.
According to cast members that we talked to, refillable mug stations will be by the small rooms where ice is dispensed. They were scheduled to be available possibly as early as Friday, May 5, but we have not seen them yet.
Because a bar is pretty much a requirement for a vacation for lots of us, we also asked if there would be a bar opened to replace Banana Cabana. We were told that there will be a bar constructed in the Old Port Royale parking area. Think “pop up” bar, like you often see around Disney during special events or extra busy times.
Editor’s Note: We’ve confirmed that all options — grab and go, the buffet, and the food truck options, are all considered to be quick service credits on the Disney Dining Plan."

Thank you so much. I truly appreciate it you both just made my vacation a lot more magical thank you have a magical day

MickeyMomV

A freestyle machine in each village would have been fantastic when we stayed there!! Walking up to OPR from the pirate rooms on the other side of the bridge was a pain.

Pixieish

A freestyle machine in each village would have been fantastic when we stayed there!! Walking up to OPR from the pirate rooms on the other side of the bridge was a pain.

I agree - we stayed in a Pirate room (furthest away), but the stations are only temporary for the construction, I believe.

Bender123

I agree - we stayed in a Pirate room (furthest away), but the stations are only temporary for the construction, I believe.

Which really stinks. As a "parks first" type of guest, I actually really enjoyed the resort in its current state. For such a huge resort, it was really nice to have the freestyle machines and markets. It made each island feel like a mini self contained resort. It actually made it MORE comfortable. The lack of a "real" restaurant would be a problem if you have to eat at the hotel, but its not like there isn't an option to go to a park or other resort.

With the huge cost savings, it was more than worth it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom