Carriage Ride at Port Orleans Worth it?

Diznylvr

Original Poster
Mom and i are celebrating big birthdays (75 & 40) in early 2018 at Disney. Is it worth doing the carriage ride at Port Orleans??

Minnie Mum

I completely agree with Tuvalu. The grounds of POFQ and POR are absolutely gorgeous; even more so at night. But only you know what your expectations and definition of "worth" are.

CoolMom2112

My girls and I went on one on our last full day of our 'Girls Not Hunting' trip this past October. It was lovely. Chilly, but lovely. Very peaceful. A great ending to a great trip.

gonetowdw

I stayed at POR for 20 years and never did the carriage ride (although it was not available all 20 years). I recently started staying at other resorts and wanted to go back for nostalgic sake. We took the ride on our early December trip and absolutely loved it! The grounds are beautiful and we were pleasantly surprised when she turned into one of the streets of French Quarter. It was worth what we spent!!

Minnesota disney fan

My husband and I took the carriage ride at POR last year that went to the French quarter. It was a beautiful, peaceful ride. I loved listening to the clomp, clomp of the horses hooves. POFQ was so beautiful at night. The other route is over the bridge to the Mansions area of POR.
We liked it so much, that we have booked it for our 50th wedding anniversary in March 2018. We want to try the Mansions route this time.
It is also informative, if the driver is talkative. Ours entertained us with back stage stories of his job as a carriage driver. Lots of fun!

riverside

Premium Member
We did the carriage ride in September & loved it!! Port Orleans is a beautiful resort & this is a fun way to get a look at a lot of it.
Our driver was Austin. He was excellent!! So friendly & an all around great person to talk to. He also works at Fort Wilderness so
he talked to us about that. If you decide to do it I don't think you will be disappointed.

JIMINYCR

It is a relaxing, tranquil 25 minute or so ride around the property. The cost for the ride isnt exorbitant $55 I believe... its one of the cheaper things you can do as an add on to your trip. I would say as a B-day extra for the two of you it would be fun to do and worth it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom