Carousel of Progress Youtube video

SteveBrickNJ

Original Poster
My kids hate when we're in Tomorrowland and I want to ride the People Mover and CoP. I think they're both great throwback rides that need to be experienced and appreciated.
How about MK's Hall of Presidents? Do you see that? If yes,do your kids object to seeing that as well?

SteveBrickNJ

Original Poster
OMG. You hit the nail on the head. My daughter is 100% anti-Trump so she was refusing to go into HoP with our family when the new Trump figure was just initiated. I told her that I would leave the parks and go back to our room for the remainder of the trip if she refused to join us. Trump or not, I think the HoP is a must-see classic.
What is her age? Most kids do not have a strong opinion on politics. Some start to tune in once in High School

macefamily

She's in her late teens. She is already in college so the liberal ideals are being pounded into her head. I respect whatever views she develops, but I don't believe in protesting an amusement park experience because of those views. We attend the parks as a family to enjoy the time together; not express dissenting political opinion.

Goofyernmost

The first one was right out of the gate. CoP is not the only attraction in WDW that Walt had a hand in. Small World (from the same Worlds Fair), The Tiki Room, Jungle Cruise and Pirates of the Caribbean just off the top of my head. I know there were differences between those from DL and WDW, but so has CoP. I know that it was Walt that wanted the Haunted Mansion, but he was dead before the attraction was actually designed and built. I'm sure there were others that can be linked like the Tea Cups, Dumbo, the Speedway and the people mover. Although changes were made they were the same basic ideas that came from Walt.

Goofyernmost

OMG. You hit the nail on the head. My daughter is 100% anti-Trump so she was refusing to go into HoP with our family when the new Trump figure was just initiated. I told her that I would leave the parks and go back to our room for the remainder of the trip if she refused to join us. Trump or not, I think the HoP is a must-see classic.
What is her age? Most kids do not have a strong opinion on politics. Some start to tune in once in High School
If a teen most likely latched on to the social media vibe. Seems alot of the younger generation has little independent thought. Even less that prior to the social media age.
She's in her late teens. She is already in college so the liberal ideals are being pounded into her head. I respect whatever views she develops, but I don't believe in protesting an amusement park experience because of those views. We attend the parks as a family to enjoy the time together; not express dissenting political opinion.
Wow, what a revelation. Here I am, 72 years old, a Vietnam Veteran and I will not go into HoP at this point either. How did I ever get those liberal ideas. I must have used my independent thinking to come up with that. Who knew that would happen to someone that isn't in college now, loves his country, is moderately conservative and can tell good from evil. Cheers to your daughter! It's tough to take a stand when your family is against you. That takes courage and belief in the common good to make that stand.

This whole thing will be pulled due to it's political nature, but hopefully it will stay long enough to dispel some incorrect judgments.

SteveBrickNJ

Original Poster
Wow, what a revelation. Here I am, 72 years old, a Vietnam Veteran and I will not go into HoP at this point either. How did I ever get those liberal ideas. I must have used my independent thinking to come up with that. Who knew that would happen to someone that isn't in college now, loves his country, is moderately conservative and can tell good from evil. Cheers to your daughter! It's tough to take a stand when your family is against you. That takes courage and belief in the common good to make that stand.

This whole thing will be pulled due to it's political nature, but hopefully it will stay long enough to dispel some incorrect judgments.
I've seen the Hall of Presidents 3 times. For me each time was enjoyable, but I can understand that in today's politically polarized times, people don't want to even look or hear the voice of the president they don't agree with.
........and seeing HOP 3 times was more than enough. Actually, as I've said before, I've been to Walt Disney World 5 times and Disneyworld twice. That's more than enough as well.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom