Carousel of Progress closing for refurbishment in late summer

cheezbat

Love this show...it needs to go down for a serious refurb...not just a few day cleanup.

And yes, PLEASE fix the ending scene! It's so outdated!

Kman101

Didn't they try and make it "seasonal" at one point (I feel like this was after or around 9/11 but I'm not 100% sure)?

Stevek

Aside from the woefully outdated finale, what else needs a major overhaul? Despite claims of it practically falling apart, I witnessed no issues the last time we went on about a month ago.

I can't think of anything other than that final scene. Everything looked great though there were some sound issues if I remember correctly...more about balance of sound i.e. the narration was too low in comparison to the music.

We were there this past week...we saw a lot of issues for our beloved COP. On one ride, John's mouth was barely moving at all in the 3rd scene. During the scene with rain, the water effect only worked about half the time. The biggest issue we faced was the time the entire ride just stopped rotating. We sat through the first scene two times and a half times with no rotation before the crowd finally got up and left. I also think there may be an issue with the AC in this ride as it became extremely warm while we were riding despite it being a relatively mild day.

I always worry when I see things go wrong at COP that Disney will decide that it is getting too expensive to maintain and eliminate the ride.

PhilharMagician

Sounds Dangerous closed for "the season" and never re-opened :eek:

Didn't they try and make it "seasonal" at one point (I feel like this was after or around 9/11 but I'm not 100% sure)?

COP went seasonal for many years shortly after 9/11 and was rarely open with the exception peak times around the holidays which was basically a few weeks a year. During that time frame a few other attractions shared the same schedules like Sounds Dangerous, Timekeeper and WOL pavilion. I clearly thought back in about 2004 and 2005 the COP was going to the graveyard. Then don't forget about POP the Legendary years that looked like an abandoned warehouse district for 10 years.

The massive reduction in vacationers to WDW or Orlando in general after 9/11 changed the landscape of how Orlando theme parks operate and invest monies in their operations.

What it really needs is a lengthy rehab-the AA's are in horrible condition and there are several lighting issues. Last time I saw the show, the lights above the scrims were out, allowing the scenes and static AA's inside to be seen..terrible show.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom