Caribbean Resort transportation

Drewdifu

Original Poster
Just made a reservation for May 15th....woohoo! This will be our first time staying at this resort and I have some questions since it is a very large resort. How are the busses? I know there are several stops and concerned that based on your building location it could be better or worse? Any feedback? We booked a perferred room but on the fence kf changing resorts if the bus service is bad.

Thanks in advance
Drew

HMFan999

Bus service is different since they'll make multiple stops within the resort itself. That being said, I've stayed at CB multiple times and have never had an issue with the bus service.

WDWBusDriver

Hi Drew!

The bus service at Caribbean Beach is unique in it's design. Due to construction and depending on your bus stop, it can be a long ride through the resort before you can disembark or it may take several busses to load as the busses may come full.

Depending on your bus stop, I would suggest taking the Internal Resort Bus (labeled Internal Resort Shuttle) to Martinique (the first stop each bus stops at) then taking your desired park bus from there. You can either take the steps in reverse when you return to your resort or just wait for your stop.

As far as the service itself goes, some say there can be too much Pixie Dust in the vents, other than that, it's fantastic. (Many have complained of the Pixie Dust, there is so much it can make an adult begin to fly, that's why you should hold on to the handrails to help keep yourself on the floor.)

WDWBusDriver

Driver

Also remember to take anything a bus driver tells you with a grain of pixie dust.
^^^^^^^ This! And insiders should want to help you why!!!! WDW BUS DRIVER just gave you very accurate on the spot information and you have to slam him? Really? This is a perfect example of why many CM's on this forum sit on the sidelines and don't post.

Drewdifu

Original Poster
Hi Drew!

The bus service at Caribbean Beach is unique in it's design. Due to construction and depending on your bus stop, it can be a long ride through the resort before you can disembark or it may take several busses to load as the busses may come full.

Depending on your bus stop, I would suggest taking the Internal Resort Bus (labeled Internal Resor
Hi Drew!

Depending on your bus stop, I would suggest taking the Internal Resort Bus (labeled Internal Resort Shuttle) to Martinique (the first stop each bus stops at) then taking your desired park bus from there. You can either take the steps in reverse when you return to your resort or just wait for your stop.

As far as the service itself goes, some say there can be too much Pixie Dust in the vents, other than that, it's fantastic. (Many have complained of the Pixie Dust, there is so much it can make an adult begin to fly, that's why you should hold on to the handrails to help keep yourself on the floor.)

WDWBusDriver

t Shuttle) to Martinique (the first stop each bus stops at) then taking your desired park bus from there. You can either take the steps in reverse when you return to your resort or just wait for your stop.

WDWBusDriver

Thanks for info! We booked a preferred room so we should be staying at either Martinique or Barbados. So are you saying every bus that comes into the resort goes straight to martinque stop first? Drop off or pickup? Also, how is the construction in that part of the resort and when should it be done? Thanks and sorry for grilling you with questions. Stayed at French Quarters last few times and got spoiled with the 1 stop, just wanted to change things up!

WDWBusDriver

Thanks for info! We booked a preferred room so we should be staying at either Martinique or Barbados. So are you saying every bus that comes into the resort goes straight to martinque stop first? Drop off or pickup? Also, how is the construction in that part of the resort and when should it be done? Thanks and sorry for grilling you with questions. Stayed at French Quarters last few times and got spoiled with the 1 stop, just wanted to change things up!

Yes, at this time, all busses enter the resort and begin at Martinique, for both pick up and drop off. If staying at Barbados, that is the busses third stop, so busses may still have room. Taking the internal Resort Shuttle to Martinique from Barbados may not be the most efficient way to get there as it will visit all other stops before beginning at Martinique again. Walking to Martinique would be quicker.

As far as construction goes, I'm unfortunately not too familiar with the daily atmosphere of the resort at this time. However, I do know Disney is fairly strict on "No construction noise is to be heard in guest rooms prior to 9am." And they usually end prior to sunset.

Unfortunately, I am unable to find information regarding the completletion of the resort's construction. However, as far as I know, no specific completion dates have been announced (as is Disney style), but I've heard Summer 2019.

Be sure to enjoy your stay at this resort! There are several more things to do versus French Quarter.

Drewdifu

Original Poster
Yes, at this time, all busses enter the resort and begin at Martinique, for both pick up and drop off. If staying at Barbados, that is the busses third stop, so busses may still have room. Taking the internal Resort Shuttle to Martinique from Barbados may not be the most efficient way to get there as it will visit all other stops before beginning at Martinique again. Walking to Martinique would be quicker.

As far as construction goes, I'm unfortunately not too familiar with the daily atmosphere of the resort at this time. However, I do know Disney is fairly strict on "No construction noise is to be heard in guest rooms prior to 9am." And they usually end prior to sunset.

Unfortunately, I am unable to find information regarding the completletion of the resort's construction. However, as far as I know, no specific completion dates have been announced (as is Disney style), but I've heard Summer 2019.

Be sure to enjoy your stay at this resort! There are several more things to do versus French Quarter.

Thank you!! This is the exact information I was looking and I can say you were more helpful than the fron desk at CB. Thanks again

Weather_Lady

We stayed at CBR back in the fall of 2016, and had better bus service than at any other resort, ever (including the 3 deluxes we've tried). The buses came frequently -- I think maybe one time we had to wait more than 10 minutes, our average wait was no more than 5 minutes. We certainly wouldn't have saved time by driving ourselves anywhere, as the time we spent waiting for buses was less than we'd have spent finding parking and walking/shuttling to and from park entrances (or in the case of the MK, parking at the TTC and proceeding to the park from there).

I was worried about the large number of bus depots, too, but they're so close together and the stops are so quick that it really makes no difference in overall transit times. It's just that, depending on whether your "village" is at the beginning of a particular route or the end of it, you may be more likely to have standing-room-only by the time the bus gets to you for pick-up. We stayed in Martinique and were nearly always able to find seats for our party of 5.

Last edited:

bunnyman

Staying in Martinique last week (pre-marathon weekend) and using that bus stop saved us a couple of times heading to the parks. Being the first pick-up spot, after stopping next at Old Port Royale, Barbados, and Trinidad, the bus was so full it skipped Jamaica and Aruba so those folks had to wait for another bus. Also, the Epcot and HS buses were frequent, but not so much the bus to the MK. One day we just missed the MK bus, and the next one came around 35 minutes later. While waiting there were 3 or 4 buses each for Epcot and HS. The internal buses seemed to be pretty frequent as well.

Drewdifu

Original Poster
Staying in Martinique last week (pre-marathon weekend) and using that bus stop saved us a couple of times heading to the parks. Being the first pick-up spot, after stopping next at Old Port Royale, Barbados, and Trinidad, the bus was so full it skipped Jamaica and Aruba so those folks had to wait for another bus. Also, the Epcot and HS buses were frequent, but not so much the bus to the MK. One day we just missed the MK bus, and the next one came around 35 minutes later. While waiting there were 3 or 4 buses each for Epcot and HS. The internal buses seemed to be pretty frequent as well.

We will be staying at Martinique as well. Good info, thanks. Looks like if we need to be at place by a certain time i will utlize the minnie van service. Lets be honest, no resort has perfect transportation.

bunnyman

We will be staying at Martinique as well. Good info, thanks. Looks like if we need to be at place by a certain time i will utlize the minnie van service. Lets be honest, no resort has perfect transportation.

Overall, it wasn't bad at Martinique, especially getting off the bus first when returning to the resort. I just found that except for Epcot and HS you tended to have longer waits for the buses, and getting on as the first stop it took forever with all the other stops. Also, for some unexplained reason, one day a Disney Transportation person held our bus at Trinidad along with several other buses. It looked like they were trying to space out the buses, as a couple of buses were all bunched up having arrived at basically the same time.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom