Caribbean Beach vs PoP Century (transportation)

codatwin

Original Poster
I am reading more and more about lines to get on buses, get on the skyliner. Less wait is pretty important to me. I am considering changing from PoP Century to CB for a couple of reasons. One, the skyliner is a central location there and two, the rooms are a bit bigger than PC. I would love opinions about wait times for buses/skyliner at both locations. Is it considerably less at CB? Noticeably different? I also want to mention I will need to use a Scooter because I have a bad back.

Would you say changing for space and transportation wait times is worth it? If wait time for bus and skyliner are pretty similar, I may stick with PC.

Schweino

This one is hard to say. When we booked our 8 night trip, CBR was about $100 more a night than Pop, give or take. For $100 a day, you're talking about saving going from Pop to CBR. Do I think that's worth it? No. With Pop, if you are just having one bed and not two, I think you'd be able to get around okay in the room unless you are using the scooter to go to the bathroom and what have you. But, if the scooter is just for getting around the resort/properties and you can get around in the room fine without it, maybe stay at Pop.

Another thing I'd think about is the lines. Undoubtedly you would be in lines longer going from Pop > CBR > Parks, therefore draining more battery before you even get inside the parks. If you have the cash to blow and aren't pinching, maybe going to CBR is worth it to you.

Toss up..

MrsPrice96

In the Parks
No
We changed our room from Pop to CBR and we are here now. For the skyliners we love CBR. It’s literally right outside our door bc of the building we are in. The bus situation here though we feel is a mess. We got in line at 0720 for a MK 0900 opening. We were 4th in line with 3 large families in front of us. Bus didn’t come until 8:10 and we didn’t make it on. Next bus came 5 min later and we were good. Got to park around 8:30ish. The line at the bus stop was really long and went through parking lot but unlike Pop they do not have set lines so everyone is just in one line. We are coming back in May and are actually going to go back to Pop due to the theming and bus situation.. Skykiner line moved really fast. We went to Epcot and got in line at 9:15. You wait until they open the skyliner around 10. We again were close to front of line and arrived at Epcot quick but then get in a line with all the resorts that are near the international gateway. Didn’t take long to get though but if you want to start at the front of the park then Pop is for you or driving.

codatwin

Original Poster
Thanks for your feedback. For me, Disney Hollywood studios will be the big park we want to visit early to get on rise of the resistance. I have heard you have to be at DHS when it opens to get a group card otherwise you are out of luck. I do not want to wait outside for two hours to catch a bus. I know for some it’s worth it though.
Thanks again!
I think we will stay with our preferred POP resort stay

MrsPrice96

In the Parks
No
Thanks for your feedback. For me, Disney Hollywood studios will be the big park we want to visit early to get on rise of the resistance. I have heard you have to be at DHS when it opens to get a group card otherwise you are out of luck. I do not want to wait outside for two hours to catch a bus. I know for some it’s worth it though.
Thanks again!
At CBR you do take the Skyliner so if Hollywood Studios is your biggest concern then CBR would work well. We were in Jamaica bldg room 4102 and the skyliner was literally across the street from our room. People lined up there this morning at 7:30 for Hollywood opening at 10 to be the first on.

codatwin

Original Poster
I think it will be easier to Uber or Lyft over to DHS. Seem likes a lot of work to wait outside 2 1/2 hours for a ride to the park. Yikes!

TrainsOfDisney

Thanks again!
Check the thread on Rise but I believe that has changed and you can reserve rise from your room the morning of.

JohnD

Check the thread on Rise but I believe that has changed and you can reserve rise from your room the morning of.

That's probably one of the reasons, if not the main reason, they changed up the process of getting in on the virtual queue for Rise. It reduces the congestion on the Skyliner, especially at the CBR station and the entire day's guests don't show up at HS before park open.

Zé_Carioca

I also wanted to add that even when the skyliner line looks huge, they are very efficient and I've never waited more than 15-20 mins (if the skyliner is open, obviously the line before it opens can get quite large but then move quickly once operational)

croyse

I also wanted to add that even when the skyliner line looks huge, they are very efficient and I've never waited more than 15-20 mins (if the skyliner is open, obviously the line before it opens can get quite large but then move quickly once operational)
Did you start the skyliner at Pop or at CBR? I have been hearing that at rope drop you are waiting over an hour between waiting at pop and waiting at CBR.

Schweino

Did you start the skyliner at Pop or at CBR? I have been hearing that at rope drop you are waiting over an hour between waiting at pop and waiting at CBR.
We started at the skyliner at Pop. We got to the Skyliner about 25 minutes before it started moving to get in line, then were in line probably 15 minutes in CBR, so yeah the whole journey could take an hour give or take.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom