Caribbean Beach vs Dolphin

Gearbm95

Original Poster
I have a trip currently booked for July 14-16 at Caribbean Beach, however I’ve been rethinking that lately and need some advice.

It’s my first time staying at Disney, I’ll be with 2 friends (all early 30s). We took a look at the pool area at Dolphin and thought it more fit the vibe of what we were looking for. We were also looking for a smaller, more manageable resort with less children. Does this all line up with the Dolphin?

Are there any benefits we would be losing be switching from CBR to Dolphin? I know the Skyliner at CBR is convenient, how does the boat service from Dolphin compare? How early in the AM does it at start?

If you’ve stayed at both, which did you prefer?

I have a trip currently booked for July 14-16 at Caribbean Beach, however I’ve been rethinking that lately and need some advice.

It’s my first time staying at Disney, I’ll be with 2 friends (all early 30s). We took a look at the pool area at Dolphin and thought it more fit the vibe of what we were looking for. We were also looking for a smaller, more manageable resort with less children. Does this all line up with the Dolphin?

Are there any benefits we would be losing be switching from CBR to Dolphin? I know the Skyliner at CBR is convenient, how does the boat service from Dolphin compare? How early in the AM does it at start?

If you’ve stayed at both, which did you prefer?
I agree, the Dolphin will have less children, and feels more like a Las Vegas resort to me. They have a great pool. The Friendship boats run about every 15-20 minutes. They also have Disney buses.

Gearbm95

Original Poster
I agree, the Dolphin will have less children, and feels more like a Las Vegas resort to me. They have a great pool. The Friendship boats run about every 15-20 minutes. They also have Disney buses.

Thanks for the feedback, I literally just switched the reservation. Does anyone know how to get the 60 day FP+ window when having a reservation at Dolphin?

Epcotfan21

Tickets are in the MDE app under my account. The reservation at the Dolphin was done through the Marriott side...can I link these somehow?
For some reason it takes about 48-72 hours for MDE to recognize your Dolphin reservation number. If it still doesn't work, give Disney a call and see if they can assist. I deal with this all the time because we stay at either Swan or Dolphin for all of our trips.

You made a great choice, by the way! Love the resorts and being able to walk or ride the boat to Studios and Epcot. Also the restaurants, nightlife and vibe around the Epcot Resort area is great for 30 somethings looking to have a good time.

I believe the friendship boats start running an hour before park opening time. Don't bother taking the boat to Epcot because of the amount of stops it takes between Boardwalk and Beach & Yacht, as you'll beat the boat almost every time even with a regular walking pace. Same heading back. Enjoy the walk along the Boardwalk and take in the sights and sounds. Walking to Studios is a little bit different, as it's more of a nature walk type vibe. It can be a lovely walk if the weather is nice, but since you're going in July, I'd stick with the boats.

NiarrNDisney

Dolphin must do's and fun finds

- Appetizers (mmm Crab Nachos) and Drinks at Bluezoo Lounge
- Crescent Lake Resort Pub Crawl! (Be sure to start early and to check times as the bars/lounges close a varying times. You can also make a full meal of apps, snacks and tapas at each stop)
- Enjoying Crescent Lake via the Swan Paddle Boats
- Have Lunch al fresco at Cabana Bar and Beach Club
- Joining a sing-a-long at Jellyrolls Dueling Piano Bar
- Karaoke and sushi at Kimonos
- Playing a round of putt putt at Fantasia Gardens
- Sunday "Brunch" and insane cocktails at Phins

BASS

You absolutely made the right choice. The Dolphin is more sophisticated than other resorts. In fact, a couple years ago we took the kids to the pool and I distinctly recall thinking how "adult-ish" the vibe was in the pool area (which likely had much to do with the fact there's a legit bar nearby). It's perfect for what you're looking for.

Go to Bluezoo either for a meal (pricey, but very, very good) or drinks. You'll enjoy it. It is one of the better restaurants in the Disney area. Very Vegas-ish.

Also, take a stroll on the boardwalk. There are some good restaurants but also quick service. Ample Hills ice cream is a must.

You may want to consider the swan if you will be sharing beds. Dolphin has doubles, Swan has Queen beds.

You link your reservation under my plans, link hotel. Have to wait 24-72 hours before it will show up.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom