Caribbean Beach vs Coronado Springs???

luv

I've stayed at both quite a few times and the truth is that one isn't better than the other except that the rooms in CBR are a little garish and cartoony.

Overall, it really is all about theme. They both are motel-style and have food courts gift shops, pools, lots of buildings, smallish rooms, etc. They are both nice places to walk. Pick the theme you all like best and stick with that. :)

This thread had a lot of opinions and might help: http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/whats-the-best-moderate-resort.853057/

75disney

I have only stayed at CBR. Loved the theming and great pool. I would recommend booking a preferred room which puts you near the bus and food court. It is well worth the extra money because this resort is spread out. I did not like that the check-in area is in a separate building from the rest of the resort.

I am intrigued by CSR. I was originally turned off due to the convention angle, but after reading so many great comments and seeing the beautiful resort pictures, I will probably stay here on my trip in 2015.

Buzz2001

Besides having a great main pool area, CSR also offers many deluxe amenities at a mod price including business class club level rooms with lounge access.

The resort has queen beds, a sliding wooden door separating the sink area from the room (can be good for little ones napping in a pack n play) but only one sink.

Amenities include a fitness center, spa, free wi-fi, tanning beds, a sauna, salon, full menu room service and a night/dance club.

The resort offers the same toiletries as the deluxes (except GF). CSR has separate shampoo and conditioner instead of the shampoo/conditioner combo at the other mods and values (a small thing, I know, but it means I don't have to pack shampoo and conditioner).

CSR has the largest hot tub of the mods and one of the longest pool slides on Disney property. The pool, slide and playground area is great and all located in one area at the main pool.

Bus service is terrific and is not shared with another resort.

KingStefan

Have stayed at both, loved them both, difficult to compare. They are so different.

CSR has the bigger beds, and a beautiful central area. Three atmospheres to choose from. We stayed in the one close to the restaurants. I've heard that if you stay at the others you feel like you are quite far from the lobby. You are however closer to the main pool.

CBR we stayed in Jamaica, just over the bridges from the central area. Great choice, because it is quiet, but not far from the pool, bar, etc. And each village has a great smaller pool.

Both have advantages and disadvantages. We love all the Moderates. Depends on what you are looking for and personal preferences.

Shere_Khan

I am happy to see the replies on this as we just switched today from ASM to CS and I have never really cared to stay there because of the size of the resort, it's a convention resort and the theming is not up my alley. But reading these replies has made me feel much better about staying there. I wasn't unhappy because staying at CS means we're still going!
I think the fact that it is a convention resort makes people not want to stay there. However I never even noticed anything about conventions when there. I may be wrong but I believe all convention guests are mostly staying in the casitas and they place regular guests more in the Ranchos and cabanas which completely separates you. We loved the Ranchos and will be in the cabanas this coming December. I suppose it doesn't have the best theming but it really is beautiful and quiet!!!
I feel like people say the size is a drawback but really I felt like there were bus stops relatively close to most sections. I think the casitas were the largest and more spread out because the convention guests aren't typically going to the parks that much.
I think you will love it! Hope to hear what you think when you come back!

Buzz2001

The fact that it is a convention resort is more a positive than negative. While they are busy doing their convention stuff, the pools and buses remain less crowded. Since the resort is big, it never seems crowded. I'd rather be there with a big group than with all vacationing guest.

Disvillain63

We've stayed a both...more than one time each ... CBR(3) and CSR (4)... CSR is our fav between the two and has been our goto moderate in the last few years. During the daytime hours, the buses have been fairly empty...they get busier at night. The dining is by far better than CBR.

Mr Toad

The fact that it is a convention resort is more a positive than negative. While they are busy doing their convention stuff, the pools and buses remain less crowded. Since the resort is big, it never seems crowded. I'd rather be there with a big group than with all vacationing guest.
I loved going to the pool mid day...not very crowded.

mharrington

I've stayed at both, Caribbean Beach in 1996 and Coronado Springs in 2002. They're both pretty good, although the water slide at the latter's is probably the best of the two.

twinfo3728

That is a very good point! Our last stay was during a (medical or dental, I think) convention. We never had any people at the quiet pool with us during the day. The feature pool, Mayan Pyramid, did have families but was never crowded. The only time we really saw all the people was late in the evening around the pool bar, reading by the pool or at the Maya Grill in the evening. The food at the Maya Grill was not my favorite, not a fan of authentic mexican style food, but our server was very nice! I did like the food court, lots of choices. If we were there early we did see the convention people. The buses during the day were not crowded, only in the evening and really not that busy. I did notice a lot of the conventioneers (all had badges on) took a lot of taxis. We would see parties of 4 or more get a mini van style taxi.

We stayed in Cabanas 8b it was very near a bus stop and not far from the main building. We would walk over a nice bridge with a lovely view of the resort. That particular area was close to the feature pool and playground.

mharrington

They had a convention of Hadassah at Coronado Springs when I was there in 2002.

couchpotatooo

Stayed at both. We would never go back to CBR. It was too brigand the buses took too long. The resort is a city unto itself. Been to CSR twice and loved it. It's our 2nd favorite moderate behind POFQ. It is well themed and comfortable. There can be some significant walking due to size, but far better than CBR imo
If I was you I would look into the PODQ or POR these are really great resorts.

tare

Cbr is very beautiful. Have not stayed at cs before. I am planning on it soon!!! But the bus system is horrible at cbr and I've heard cs is pretty efficient.

Trevmation

The only thing about CS is that it is farther from MK and EPCOT. CBR is slightly closer but the busses make a few stops around the resort which takes longer just to leave the resort.

BOOMitsGeorgia

I was debating between the 2 but I have decided to go for CBR, there's something I don't like about CSR, not sure what but there's definitely something

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom