Caribbean Beach Resort

SyracuseDisneyFan

Original Poster
Hi,

I'm coming down with my family from Syracuse, NY next May. I'd like to stay in the Caribbean Beach Resort if we can. I know they have items like hair dryers and coffee makers in the rooms. Do they also have microwaves?

Thanks.;)

docdebbi

not in your room. but i'm pretty sure they do at the food court. but that is one long walk just for a microwave. by the time you walk there, you've worked up such an appetite you need to buy food from the fourt court anyway, so not much help having it all the way down there.

dopeylover

They don't have them in your room, which is a bit silly since they give you a fridge! You can re-heat things in the food court as stated, but you might as well just eat it while you're there. We've stayed at CBR, and although it's very pretty and we enjoyed it, depending on where your room is things can be quite a hike, and your food may have cooled off again, lol. I'm pretty sure it's the most spread out resort at WDW. It's not like you'll be walking for miles, I don't want to deter you, but we stayed in the Pirate Rooms and the food court was about a 5 min. walk for us. A very nice walk for sure, though!

Weather_Lady

Just for fun, check out this article. It will familiarize you with what you can expect to find in your room, and might give you some ideas that will lighten your luggage load...

We always eat breakfast in the room, and since we can't cook there, we just bring breakfast and snack items that don't require it (Pop Tarts, apples, mini-cereal sampler boxes, granola bars), use our fridge for milk and meal leftovers, and drink the in-room coffee. It works out beautifully!

http://blog.touringplans.com/2013/0...upplies-in-your-walt-disney-world-hotel-room/

BTW, if having a microwave in-room is important to you, you may want to look into renting DVC points and upgrading to a DVC studio room (none in CBR, unfortunately, but there are many nice options), which would have a full kitchenette with microwave. The rates for a studio on rented points are in the same neighborhood as standard room rates for a moderate resort. You've got time to arrange it, since DVC reservations can't be made until 11 months from your travel date. (Pssst -- I've been boning up on this procedure, since 8 of us 315-ers are coming down next May, and have a request in to David's DVC Rentals to reserve a 2-bedroom villa at Wilderness Lodge Villas for us. If we can get it, we'll be paying 40% less for it than if we booked directly through Disney, but we won't get confirmation until next month. Keeping our fingers crossed! :) )

bethymouse

No microwaves, but I wouldn't let that stop me from staying there unless you have some sort of "medical" need for it?:confused:

luv

Nope. Disney hasn't added microwaves to their rooms. They do have them in the food courts, though.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom