Caribbean Beach resort rumor

Disneydreamer23

Original Poster
Good morning everybody my mom and I are both on this website regularly and
she noticed a few weeks ago there was a rumor that Caribbean beach was getting queen size beds since she's not a poster more of a Lurker I'm wondering if anyone knows if this is True or not well be staying at cbr in September and if there's queen-size bed that would make it so much better any input?

Raeskull

Would be nice but a tight squeeze in those rooms. The other mods have larger rooms. The full size beds are my only real complaint at CBR. I found the pool area to be spectacular.
Actually Cbr has the largest rooms of the moderate resorts. The rooms measure roughly 340 square feet were as the other moderate are only 314 square feet. About the queen beds hadn't heard . To be honest I've stayed at Cbr twice and hadn't noticed the beds were that small, we have a king size bed at home.

ToTBellHop

Actually Cbr has the largest rooms of the moderate resorts. The rooms measure roughly 340 square feet were as the other moderate are only 314 square feet. About the queen beds hadn't heard . To be honest I've stayed at Cbr twice and hadn't noticed the beds were that small, we have a king size bed at home.
Everything I've read says CBR rooms are 300 sq ft. Of course, everything I've read could be wrong. We definitely noticed the Pop Century sized beds last month!

ToTBellHop

Our own website says 300 sq ft. From wdwmagic.com, "Standard View, Water View, preferred location (located in Martinique and Trinidad North), king bed

The 300 sq ft rooms accommodate 2-4 people, choice between one king sized or two double beds, non smoking rooms available, irons, ironing boards, coffee maker, hairdryer, makeup mirror and in room safe in each room, disabled accessible rooms available "

HRHPrincessAriel

How do you not? Lol I hate even sharing a queen with DH at hotels! I sleep with the kid.

Last edited:

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
When I used to work in hotel front office operations back in the day, when a guest got a bit upset with me for making he and his wife sleep in a full-sized bed (even though that's what they booked) sometimes I would try to lighten the mood and tell them it will give them a chance to rekindle their relationship. Some were not so amused by this.

epcotfan

Didn't CBR originally have Queens back in the late 80s and 90s? I first stayed there in 1989 and I seem to recall queen beds.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Caribbean beach will most likely get queen size beds, but I would not expect it until the rooms receive another refurb. The last one was in 2008-2009 so I would not expect it for a few more years.

popcenturylover

Good morning everybody my mom and I are both on this website regularly and
she noticed a few weeks ago there was a rumor that Caribbean beach was getting queen size beds since she's not a poster more of a Lurker I'm wondering if anyone knows if this is True or not well be staying at cbr in September and if there's queen-size bed that would make it so much better any input?
I also heard a rumor of refurbs being done this year or next on another site. Hopefully, it's true! While we enjoyed our stay there this past December bigger beds would definitely have been better!

slappy magoo

Our own website says 300 sq ft. From wdwmagic.com, "Standard View, Water View, preferred location (located in Martinique and Trinidad North), king bed

The 300 sq ft rooms accommodate 2-4 people, choice between one king sized or two double beds, non smoking rooms available, irons, ironing boards, coffee maker, hairdryer, makeup mirror and in room safe in each room, disabled accessible rooms available "

Weird. Allears.net's description of the rooms has them listed at 340 sq. ft. Meanwhile, the Unofficial Guide to WDW has the rooms listed at 314 sq. ft. I don't know who to trust. I can't have any heroes.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Weird. Allears.net's description of the rooms has them listed at 340 sq. ft. Meanwhile, the Unofficial Guide to WDW has the rooms listed at 314 sq. ft. I don't know who to trust. I can't have any heroes.
The tribute page gives the 340 square foot figure.

It makes we wonder if there might be a few odd floor plans that came in a bit larger or smaller than the average room. It is not hard at all to loose or gain 26 square feet in a hotel floor plan.

slappy magoo

The tribute page gives the 340 square foot figure.

It makes we wonder if there might be a few odd floor plans that came in a bit larger or smaller than the average room. It is not hard at all to loose or gain 26 square feet in a hotel floor plan.
The other thing I'm wondering - and really I'm spitballing I don't know - is if some sources include the bathroom when talking about room size and some people exclude it. But you're right, a room 19 X 17.9 is a hair over 340 sq ft. Shave just a foot off the length and a few inches off the width you'd be around 312.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
The other thing I'm wondering - and really I'm spitballing I don't know - is if some sources include the bathroom when talking about room size and some people exclude it. But you're right, a room 19 X 17.9 is a hair over 340 sq ft. Shave just a foot off the length and a few inches off the width you'd be around 312.
It is also not out of the realm of possibility that the 314 sq ft number comes from someone taking interior measurements vs. exterior measurements.

Rob562

I've always heard that the CBR rooms were 340 and all the other Moderates were 314, pretty much because the CBR was the first non-Deluxe resort Disney built, and thus the rooms were made a bit larger. Then future resorts had smaller rooms. Same went for OKW, the original DVC resort. OKW units are huge compared to the DVC's that followed.

And having stayed in both CBR and POR multiple times, I'd guess most of the added square-footage is in the width of the room, not the depth.

-Rob

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom