Caribbean Beach Resort question

JEANYLASER

I wanted to know is the CBR has wheelchair access and which island and building has wheelchair access? also the CBR have elevators but I needed to know and CBR is close to EPCOT as well? and One more thing Does CBR has shops in the Old Royale Centertown! I don't have a map of CBR can help me! We are going to CBR in Dec 10-12, 2010! I need to know why does CBR don't have Elevators please tell me why!:confused:

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Neither CBR or PORS have elevators. If you need wheelchair access let them know when you are reserving the room and they will put you on the first level. CBR is close to the back of Epcot but you can not access in the same mannor that you can from the Boardwalk or Yacht and Beach Club. You can sort of see illuminations from the front of CBR but it is an incredibly poor view.

Here is a map of CBR

cbrmap.jpg

Upvote 0

kirinan

I can't speak for CBR or POR, but POFQ does have elevators, in the interiors of the buildings--I remember because I twisted my knee on our last night at WDW during our last trip there three years ago, and it was the only way I could get to and from our car because I couldn't walk steps at all. I can't remember how accessible the elevators are to wheelchairs, though.

Upvote 0

Rob562

The Aligator Bayou buildings at POR do not have elevators (they're essentially re-themed CBR buildings to begin with) but the Mansion buildings do, as they have three floors.

I'm not sure about the Cabanas buildings at Coronado Springs, which once again are re-themed versions of the same CBR building design.

My guess is that it has something to do with number of floors, rooms and buildings. If they were to put elevators in every building at CBR, that would be at least 33 elevators. That's a TON of elevators to build and maintain. At POR, that'd be 16 more elevators than they have now.
It's just easier and more cost-effective to not install elevators and have a chunk of the rooms not be handicap accessible.

-Rob

Upvote 0

kirinan

Ah, that explains it. We've only stayed in the Mansion buildings. Funny, for as many times as we've stayed there I didn't even realize there was a different set of buildings that had no elevators. I learned something about my favorite resort today--thanks!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom