Caribbean Beach Resort Construction: Is It Bad?

juniorthomas

Reserved a stay in February at the Caribbean Beach Resort. If anyone has stayed there recently, can you provide an update on how intrusive the construction is? Trying to see if there will be noise to contend with or extremely limited resort amenities. At the same time, if it is manageable, I wouldn't at all be opposed to a reduced amount of guests staying there with us.

Courtney6682

I stayed in Trinidad North in August. Our room(3221) had the perfect location. We were under a minute's walk from the bus stop and a quiet pool, and had about 5-7 minute walk to the main pool and food area. We went in with very open minds( it was just myself and my 17 yr old daughter) and planned on not shopping or eating at the resort. We heard no noise at all related to construction. We did go back on our word and try the buffet which I wish we hadn't . It was inside a tent and just looked crappy. The food was mediocre at best as well. All in all, the resort was totally fine...just steer clear of the tent buffet;)

Upvote 0

juniorthomas

Original Poster
I stayed in Trinidad North in August. Our room(3221) had the perfect location. We were under a minute's walk from the bus stop and a quiet pool, and had about 5-7 minute walk to the main pool and food area. We went in with very open minds( it was just myself and my 17 yr old daughter) and planned on not shopping or eating at the resort. We heard no noise at all related to construction. We did go back on our word and try the buffet which I wish we hadn't . It was inside a tent and just looked crappy. The food was mediocre at best as well. All in all, the resort was totally fine...just steer clear of the tent buffet;)
Thanks for the update! Trying to decide if I should book another - every bit of advice helps at this point. Did it seem like the construction impacted the number of guests there?

Upvote 0

Courtney6682

Thanks for the update! Trying to decide if I should book another - every bit of advice helps at this point. Did it seem like the construction impacted the number of guests there?

No problem, I honestly didn't notice the other guests. We were only there for 5 nights and were out of the room by 9 am most days and didn't return until late. We never swam either. I can say that when we checked in at 2 pm -ish on Thursday, Aug 17th the lobby was empty. No line at all, just us.

If I'm being totally honest, I really only stayed there for the gift card offer and my AP discount. I got the equivalent of 2 of my 5 nights free AND a $375 Disney gift card upon check-in. That being said, we had a wonderful time and I wouldn't hesitate to go back during construction.

Upvote 0

juniorthomas

Original Poster
No problem, I honestly didn't notice the other guests. We were only there for 5 nights and were out of the room by 9 am most days and didn't return until late. We never swam either. I can say that when we checked in at 2 pm -ish on Thursday, Aug 17th the lobby was empty. No line at all, just us.

If I'm being totally honest, I really only stayed there for the gift card offer and my AP discount. I got the equivalent of 2 of my 5 nights free AND a $375 Disney gift card upon check-in. That being said, we had a wonderful time and I wouldn't hesitate to go back during construction.
Wow. That gift card offer sounds amazing.

Upvote 0

Courtney6682

In my years of visiting WDW, I don't think I've ever seen an offer remotely like that.

The offer was, if you booked by March 20th 2017 you got $75 per night in the form of a Disney GC. It was too good to pass up! Now in my situation travelling with a child who is almost an adult may have made it easier then say families with small kids or first time visitors. We had no problem eating and shopping elsewhere, and we never swim.

I creeped on your profile...I'm from philly too!

Upvote 0

juniorthomas

Original Poster
The offer was, if you booked by March 20th 2017 you got $75 per night in the form of a Disney GC. It was too good to pass up! Now in my situation travelling with a child who is almost an adult may have made it easier then say families with small kids or first time visitors. We had no problem eating and shopping elsewhere, and we never swim.

I creeped on your profile...I'm from philly too!
Well color me jealous. I'm doing the "convert all of our credit card points into gift cards and collect any and all loose change available" to make this one work out.

And hello there, 215 neighbor.

Upvote 0

Willmark

We were there in May of 2017 right at the start of the construction, we too got the $75 per night gift card, did some damage at the pool bar ;)

Wasn’t top much but of a hasssle imo.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom