Caribbean Beach market

Gelatoni

Original Poster
I'll be there in Sept do they have a temporary market up for the construction for snacks and merch.

iluvMainStMagic

Since no one has answered yet - I believe there is a guest room in each Island section that has been set up as a small "market", with fruit & some typical "market" prepackaged items, plus the Coke freestyle machines. Hopefully someone will be able to give you more definite info, since I have read about them & seen pictures, but haven't seen one in person. I don't remember reading about any resort merchandise, but surely they have some somewhere, I doubt they would want to lose those sales for such a long period of time (while Old Port Royale is being re-done).

arielrose

I haven't been there either but I have watched a couple YouTube videos. For merchandise, they have a little bit by the check in area and there is also a truck set up that has some, as well. As far as food, there is a food truck, a big tent, small markets in a couple of rooms, and spyglass grill. The food truck and big tent are by the pool and check in area. There are a couple of rooms set up with drinks and grab and go stuff around the resort. Spyglass Grill is in the Trinidad area. I would recommend going on YouTube and watching recent resort tours if you want an idea of what these look like.

KIsAPrincess

We were there at the beginning of June. Each island area has a room set up with snacks and stuff - they will give you a map with those areas listed. They write the room number down for you. Spyglass Grill is open now (near Trinidad South) No merchandise - but food and drinks, freestyle machine, and beer and wine. They have a huge tent near the main pool area (the old port royale) where they have breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Near the main pool there is a merchandise truck (looks very similar to a food truck).
Not sure how it works in terms of dining plan credits since we were not on the dining plan.

Missing_Aria

Anybody know how the buffet works in terms of dining plan credits?

You should still be able to use them but it's not really going to be a great 'bang for your buck' for your credits. You're far better off saving them for the pricier meals at the park. It's up to you though ultimately.

Missing_Aria

From all the reports I've read the buffet in the tent is actually 1 quick service credit, so quite good value. Other buffets are 1 table service credit. I've also read some good reviews about the food, though this obviously varies by person.

If that's true it might be worth it. I still tend to think there are better quick service credit uses but I'm a type A nutter who over analyzes things like that. XD

higgipoker

From all the reports I've read the buffet in the tent is actually 1 quick service credit....

That does ring a bell actually. We upgraded to CBR to go from the breakfast dining plan to quick service, as we discovered the breakfast plan is only good in your home resort and the vegan options were non-existent and we couldn't use the credits at a park for a morning Starbucks as we had imagined!

The dining offer was tied to the resort category so, despite the renovations, the free "upgrade" made sense for us.

Would be disappointed to discover we couldn't use our plan at the buffet!

nicb88

That does ring a bell actually. We upgraded to CBR to go from the breakfast dining plan to quick service, as we discovered the breakfast plan is only good in your home resort and the vegan options were non-existent and we couldn't use the credits at a park for a morning Starbucks as we had imagined!

The dining offer was tied to the resort category so, despite the renovations, the free "upgrade" made sense for us.

Would be disappointed to discover we couldn't use our plan at the buffet!

I think you should be able to get quick service at the island markets, food truck, Spyglass Grill and the CBR buffet tent, but not at any buffets in other WDW locations :) enjoy!!

lawdogNOLA

I'll be there in Sept do they have a temporary market up for the construction for snacks and merch.

Yes, and yes. Snack and food options: Outstanding! Merchandise options: Disappointing. We are back from a 9-night stay at the Caribbean 5/29-6/7. Snacks: You can get snacks from any of the rooms which have been converted into Island Markets. There are also Coke Refreshment stations available 24/7 that have replaced a number of ice machines, literally expanding your resort mug drink options into the hundreds. There are food items you can get that count as snacks in the food tent at Centertown. This is a steel-framed tent with glass doors, air conditioning, piped in music, etc. You can also get breakfast and dinner buffets, which are competitive quality-wise, with most buffets throughout WDW, with some nice Caribbean twists, FOR A QUICK SERVICE MEAL ON THE DINING PLAN! Even if you're paying cash, it still results in a major saving over any other buffets at WDW. Lunch is more basic and in line with most quick service meals.

There's also the new quick service counter restaurant, Spyglass Grill, next to the quiet pool at Trinidad South. This has very nice quick service options for breakfast lunch and dinner. Covered, though open-aired, it offers an interesting view of the southern part of Barefoot Bay, and the new Skyliner station.

Merchandise. Sigh. Disney dropped the ball on this one. There is a trailer at Centertown, and it offers a few Caribbean Beach exclusive items, pins, hats, Coconut Postcard, and some basics, but it's a shadow of the Marketplaces at other Disney Resorts. Plan on doing most of your shopping elsewhere.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom