News Caribbean Beach Expansion

zakattack99

In the Parks
No
Just received an update from Disney their earlier email issue has been corrected and the correct information sent out.

uncle jimmy

Premium Member
A permit was filed today for demolition at 14 different locations along Sea Breeze Dr and Cayman way. That is exactly the number of structures in the Barbados and Martinique sections, 12 guest buildings, and two pools and associated buildings.
Yay, that was sooner than thought. Great spotting that!

po1998

I am on hold with Disney as I type this. They are trying to say the $75 GC per night stay only applies to previous bookings, but it does not state that in the refurb notice on the website that mentions the $75 offer.

MickeyWiki

A permit was filed today for demolition at 14 different locations along Sea Breeze Dr and Cayman way. That is exactly the number of structures in the Barbados and Martinique sections, 12 guest buildings, and two pools and associated buildings.

Wait, is the plan to demolish all of Martinique? Even buildings 25 and 26 right next to Old Port?

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster
Wait, is the plan to demolish all of Martinique? Even buildings 25 and 26 right next to Old Port?

Good question, looking back at the permit it doesn't show those two buildings being removed. Here is everything the permit shows being removed.

upload_2017-3-16_20-18-29.png

surfsupdon

I recall someone saying a permit was filed for the demo of 14 buildings, which would be 6 Barbados and 6 Martinique, plus the laundry facility at each quiet pool.

Hmmm.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster
I recall someone saying a permit was filed for the demo of 14 buildings, which would be 6 Barbados and 6 Martinique, plus the laundry facility at each quiet pool.

Hmmm.

That was me. The permit listed 14 addresses and I was guessing that it was this 14 buildings but I could be wrong.

ev01

Sorry for the delay. I forgot about posting this. After speaking with several people(and being on hold for what seemed like an eternity), I was told the $75 GC offer(for each night of stay) applies to all existing reservations, along with any made prior to 3/20/17. GC handed out at time of check in.

So they specifically said if you book after 3/20 they will not offer the $75 GC?

draybook

Sorry for the delay. I forgot about posting this. After speaking with several people(and being on hold for what seemed like an eternity), I was told the $75 GC offer(for each night of stay) applies to all existing reservations, along with any made prior to 3/20/17. GC handed out at time of check in.

th (5).jpg

Say no more, fam.

montyz81

Good question, looking back at the permit it doesn't show those two buildings being removed. Here is everything the permit shows being removed.

View attachment 194201
Two Questions:
1. It seems like the Gondola is going to have to go over some existing room buildings. Wouldn't that be obnoxiously high and break the theming of the resort (assuming it stays Caribbean themed).
2. Has anyone seen any concept art for this? I wonder if the new hotel building will now include a bigger water feature pool a la Aulani? After all, most of the new hotels in that area include multiple pool/slide/mini-golf type options.

Just curious.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
If by common you mean that there is one in St Thomas. I'm not aware of any others.

I guess I was too specific when I really meant 'tropical' or 'subtropical', IOW, not for skiing.

However, there are in the Caribbean various forms of aerial lifts in the Dominican Republic, Saint Lucia, and Jamaica (chair lift).

For the (sub)tropics they can be found in: Honduras, Caracas, Orizba Mexico, Medellin, Costa Rica, and Brazil.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom