News Caribbean Beach Expansion

monothingie

Proxy War 2024: Never Forget
Premium Member
Those buildings are pretty old now. Wonder if that is a factor.

Buildings and facilities are almost 30 years old at the end of their useful life.

For clarification UCC says that anything above 5 stories is classified as a high rise. With the exception of BLT, all of the new DVC buildings have been 5 or less stories. I just hope it's done tastefully ala AK Villas and Villas at GF. (I don't want to see it from EPCOT.)

monothingie

Proxy War 2024: Never Forget
Premium Member
Epcot is surrounded by a canal, so anything new built near that canal would probably have to be on these plans.

Exactly Right! The elevations are all wrong to do this. They did this on the other side of the EPCOT. You can get water to climb up hill. A water link to Epcot will not happen.
GoogleEarth_Image-1.jpg

orky8

I'm not discounting a tower here though. I've just heard more specific news for elsewhere as opposed to the CBR.

There's also the possibility of increasing mod capacity here and loosing it elsewhere.

Is this DVC, or just updates to CBR? Is the elsewhere DVC?

peter11435

Exactly Right! The elevations are all wrong to do this. They did this on the other side of the EPCOT. You can get water to climb up hill. A water link to Epcot will not happen.View attachment 184931
I'm not referring to a water link. I'm taking about a pathway. A bridge over the road and canal. If there was no modification to ground water run off and drainage basins and they already have prior approval for semi and non permeable surfaces in the effected area then sfwmd clearance would not be required.

IMFearless

Have just got off the phone from Disney - we have a 14 night stay booked at CBR Sep/Oct 2017 - to cut a long story short, I'm not flying 3000 miles halfway across the world to stay in the middle of a construction site. It sounds like this is not the same as a simple pool closure or room refurbs which will affect one block at a time - it looks like major resort wide upheaval.

The call handler was unable to find any information on this construction work - not surprising really if the details of it are not yet confirmed. I would expect they will be the last people to tell.

I have reluctantly agreed to a switch to POR as there is no availability at CSR which would be my preference.

The problem is, there are only water-view rooms available at POR for our dates, which adds an additional £500 / $650-ish to the cost of the vacation. Not best impressed with Disney, as I would really expect to be comp'd the upgrade charges - I don't really see it as an upgrade.

We are only changing resort to avoid this potential construction. When I booked this in April 2016 the cost for POR/CBR/CSR was roughly the same. I think CSR was identical price and POR/POFQ came out £80 more expensive over the fortnight.

I have already sent a lengthy email to customer service. I took the change on the phone and hopefully we can sort the details out later, I was just concerned that with no availability at CSR and with POR fairly full that availability for a longer stay may be limited if I didn't take the other reservation now. I'd much rather take the switch and argue over the details after.

What do others think? Would you have switched resorts at this stage? Or am I over-reacting?

Construction within a park is understandable and to some extent only has an effect on a small part of a vacation, but I feel something like this at the resort could really detract from the vacation.

Patcheslee

Have just got off the phone from Disney - we have a 14 night stay booked at CBR Sep/Oct 2017 - to cut a long story short, I'm not flying 3000 miles halfway across the world to stay in the middle of a construction site. It sounds like this is not the same as a simple pool closure or room refurbs which will affect one block at a time - it looks like major resort wide upheaval.

The call handler was unable to find any information on this construction work - not surprising really if the details of it are not yet confirmed. I would expect they will be the last people to tell.

I have reluctantly agreed to a switch to POR as there is no availability at CSR which would be my preference.

The problem is, there are only water-view rooms available at POR for our dates, which adds an additional £500 / $650-ish to the cost of the vacation. Not best impressed with Disney, as I would really expect to be comp'd the upgrade charges - I don't really see it as an upgrade.

We are only changing resort to avoid this potential construction. When I booked this in April 2016 the cost for POR/CBR/CSR was roughly the same. I think CSR was identical price and POR/POFQ came out £80 more expensive over the fortnight.

I have already sent a lengthy email to customer service. I took the change on the phone and hopefully we can sort the details out later, I was just concerned that with no availability at CSR and with POR fairly full that availability for a longer stay may be limited if I didn't take the other reservation now. I'd much rather take the switch and argue over the details after.

What do others think? Would you have switched resorts at this stage? Or am I over-reacting?

Construction within a park is understandable and to some extent only has an effect on a small part of a vacation, but I feel something like this at the resort could really detract from the vacation.

That's what I'm wondering about also. I don't want our first trip to be dealing with DH asthma getting worse due to a ton of dust being thrown around, and just noisy as heck.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom