Caribbean Beach, Coronado Springs, FW Cabins...

DPN

Original Poster
Hey Guys, trying to decide between Caribbean Beach, Coronado Springs and FW Cabins for our next trip. We last stayed at POR and spent time at POFQ.

Looking for opinions on these resorts, if you wouldn’t mind sharing what you liked and what you didn’t (if anything) and why?

Thanks!

LeighM

I stayed at Coronado Springs in March and really enjoyed it. You didn't say when you were going back for your trip but the feature pool CSR will be closed from September to December for updates. The tower construction, new restaurant being built in the lake, and room refurbishments at CSR didn't bother us that much. The noise was only bad a couple of times during the middle of the day. I requested a renovated room in Ranchos so we were far from most of the work. I don't know the status of the construction at Caribbean Beach but I keep hearing it's more intrusive than that being done at Coronado. I prefer the theme and relaxing atmosphere at Riverside, the food court, and the boat ride to Disney Springs. However, I preferred the main pool at Coronado (larger hot tub!), the many places to get food/drinks, and the buses, which never seemed as crowded as it was at Riverside. Plus, Coronado was more central to the parks than Riverside so it seemed like we spent less time on the buses. French Quarter is also undergoing room refurbishments and Riverside will start this summer. I would like to try Caribbean Beach when all of the construction is over - not sure it will be before we go back next April.

Rlandrigan

We're going to CBR in July - but that's for the pool and that it's barely more than Pop Century, and it's a short trip. But I can't say that I'd recommend for a longer trip, and CSR is more 'liveable', but I'd still go with the cabins for more than 3 days, unless you are sure that you'll avoid the pool closure.

DarthVader

Sith Lord
Hey Guys, trying to decide between Caribbean Beach, Coronado Springs and FW Cabins for our next trip. We last stayed at POR and spent time at POFQ.

Looking for opinions on these resorts, if you wouldn’t mind sharing what you liked and what you didn’t (if anything) and why?

Thanks!
Well, first off, I'll recommend staying at a new resort, so I'd say cross off POR and POFQ, that leaves CBR/CSR/the Cabins. I think overall CBR is a good bet, and that's my recommendation

slappy magoo

If you think you'll spend a disproportionate amount of time at MK, the FW Cabins would make the most sense. If time at the parks will be more evenly spread out, I'd suggest Coronado. Disclaimer - the theming of CBR does nothing for me.

lawdogNOLA

How many are going? And when are you going? My brother and his tribe of 5 stayed at the FW Cabins, which we visited, and they're very nice, easily the best "rooms" of the resorts you've selected. CSR and CBR are the two most divisive moderates, and we're big fans of the CBR (Disclaimer: I've loved steel drums since before I even knew of Jimmy Buffet, and I'm a Parrothead - CBR's theming does loads for me, and my wife). Both resorts are going to be impacted by construction into 2019. Ironically, when fall arrives, the pool, playground and all of the Digsite area at CSR are going to be closed, just at the point when Centertown/Old Port Royale will be expected to open, with most construction winding down through what will be the new footprint of the CBR (with some Skyliner work continuing into 2019 that impacts the resort). The issue will be that the Riviera resort which occupies the old footprint of Barbados and half of Martinique, will still be underway, though most of the construction cranes will likely be down by that point.

If you're looking to spend time at the resort and some time at the pool or lounging on the beach, CBR is the best choice (the Digsite pool is good, one of the better ones at WDW, we like the CBR's pool better), especially if you're going this fall. FW is not known for having the best pools, although there's nothing wrong with them, indeed the Meadow Pool's corkscrew slide is nice; they just don't matchup to the rest of the pools at WDW, certainly what's available for the moderates and deluxes.

Best theming, CBR. Best pool, CBR. Best room, FW Cabins, complete with a kitchen.

DPN

Original Poster
Thanks for the replies! There will be four of us going, my wife and two kids. We’re looking at April of next year. My son and I are more in favor of a better pool and food options than a better room. At this point I’m thinking of CBR while the wife would like to stay at the Cabins. Transportation is not a big deal to us (although I’d like to use the boat from the Cabins to MK) because we drive down there.

lawdogNOLA

Thanks for the replies! There will be four of us going, my wife and two kids. We’re looking at April of next year. My son and I are more in favor of a better pool and food options than a better room. At this point I’m thinking of CBR while the wife would like to stay at the Cabins. Transportation is not a big deal to us (although I’d like to use the boat from the Cabins to MK) because we drive down there.

By April, everything should be finished at the CBR itself, and odds are good that the most obnoxious aspects of any remaining construction at Riviera and for Skyliner will be finished. CSR's facilities will also be re-opened and refurbished, so that might still be worth taking a look at.

But I'd favor CBR. One of the issues both right now and before construction, was the bus transportation, both internal and to other resorts. If you're driving, like we are, and planning on using your car most of the time, that becomes a moot point. Not only that, with Old Port Royale/Centertown completely redone, it seems that you'll be going at a perfect time to check out what will be the completely remodeled amenities at CBR. For me, CSR has too much of a convention vibe, and not enough of a resort vibe, while CBR definitely feels like a resort.

ThatMouse

We went with Coronado this last trip, because CBR didn't even have a real food court and Coronado was around $180, which is still high, but cheaper than the other moderates. If you have any specific questions ask, I've stayed in them all. I usually go by whatever has the better deal and the room deals come out a few months before the trip so...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom