Caribbean Beach: Can you see Spaceship Earth from the resort ?

radiohost

Original Poster
We're staying at Caribbean Beach next month and I remember being able to see a pretty good view of Spaceship Earth from the distance as a kid in the 1990's ...

Just curious if growing trees/foliage prevents this now...

Thanks!

Lord_Vader

Join me, together we can rule the galaxy.
We're staying at Caribbean Beach next month and I remember being able to see a pretty good view of Spaceship Earth from the distance as a kid in the 1990's .

Just curious if growing trees/foliage prevents this now...

Thanks!
not in my experience, you can see the higher fireworks from Illuminations though from the pool.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
When I stayed there in the late 1990's your could see it (not the whole thing just the top), and now as time has gone it has become dificult to see. I last stayed there in 2005 and I remember looking for it and couldn't see it.

luv

I've spent a LOT of time there and do not recall seeing it. Doesn't mean there is no spot where you can catch a glimpse, but there aren't many, that's for sure. I have seen parts of Illuminations from certain places.

englanddg

One Little Spark...
No. You cannot. I think it implausible that you ever could see it from CBR either (though, I could be wrong)...It's just too far away and too low. You can see the Illuminations Fireworks from the pool though (which is fun to do)...

SSE is pretty far away from CBR (which is southeast of Epcot)...the only resort I'd imagine you'd have a view like that would be the Dolphin or maybe one of the north buildings of Beach Club (a tad southwest of The Land)?

PUSH

No, you can't. There's not a high enough point in the resort to be able to. However, you can catch some of the fireworks from different locations. I remember watching some of them from the outdoor hallway years ago.

PUSH

No. You cannot. I think it implausible that you ever could see it from CBR either (though, I could be wrong)...It's just too far away and too low. You can see the Illuminations Fireworks from the pool though (which is fun to do)...

SSE is pretty far away from CBR (which is southeast of Epcot)...the only resort I'd imagine you'd have a view like that would be the Dolphin or maybe one of the north buildings of Beach Club (a tad southwest of The Land)?
While it's not a Disney resort, the Hilton at DTD has views of Epcot and SSE. It wasn't much, only like the top half of the ball, but you still could see it.

The Mom

Premium Member

I stayed there in 1989 (when it was brand new, and a value resort), and I could see SSE and part of Illuminations (if that's what it was called back then) from the pool area, especially the bridge. But the trees were only saplings.

englanddg

One Little Spark...
I stayed there in 1989 (when it was brand new, and a value resort), and I could see SSE and part of Illuminations (if that's what it was called back then) from the pool area, especially the bridge. But the trees were only saplings.
That's interesting.

I wasn't sure...I mean, it is pretty far away. I guess it also depends on where in the resort you are. I doubt you could ever see it from Trinidad, for example. But, <shrug> The trees certainly have grown up since then. I know it's not visible now, unless maybe if they let you get up in the lighthouse... <grin>

radiohost

Original Poster
Thanks for the info!

In 1993 and 1994 our family stayed there and you could see a good portion of SSE...In fact, on the Disney planning DVD it shows a camera angle at CB and you can see SSE in the background. That video is on YouTube I'll post it on here later tonight

Bluewaves

The foliage has gotten too tall for you to be able to see it at this point, I can remember staying there when you could see SSE but its been a while since you could see from there, I remember marketing shots and preview video with it clearly visible back when the resort opened

mrerk

Premium Member
That's interesting.

I wasn't sure...I mean, it is pretty far away. I guess it also depends on where in the resort you are. I doubt you could ever see it from Trinidad, for example. But, <shrug> The trees certainly have grown up since then. I know it's not visible now, unless maybe if they let you get up in the lighthouse... <grin>

It really not that far. The closest parts of the resort are right across Buena Vista Dr from Italy and Germany.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom