Caribbean Beach 9 days or just last three at POR?

6laurac

Original Poster
Hi,

I've signed up for the WDW marathon in January and we are currently staying at Sheraton Vistana for the extra room/washer and dryer/kitchen until the Friday before the marathon. We are then moving to Port Orleans so that I can take the bus to the race Sunday morning.

My questions is: Would you stay the entire time (9 days) at Caribbean Beach and forgo the kitchen and washer and dryer so you don't have to move? Or make the move midway through the trip?

Caribbean Beach shows $203 and my hotel is roughly the same price per night.

Thanks for the advice!

correcaminos

Part of a washer and dryer for me is being able to have it the last night so we can do laundry so we come home with clean clothes. The kitchen doesn't matter as much, so unless it is a place you love and you won't be doing Disney during that time I am not sure I would want to stay there just for that.

Would the extra room allow for more comfort while sleeping? That's my only other consideration.

Courtney6682

If the kitchen and washer/dryer aren't all that important to you I would say stay on property. Just keep in mind that CBR is undergoing construction right now. Not sure when they will be finished with it, but I believe it is until a least sometime in 2018.

pilka214

Disney buses vs A resort shuttle/ driving. Obviously driving yourself over each day adds parking costs. Disney busses are the best way to get around on property, plus don't forget about the food and entertainment at CBR, I love that resort. The Sheraton is a nice, Huge rooms (it's a timeshare), large pool, a lot more laid back, probably has a pool bar/grill maybe a restaraunt. I think it depends a lot on how you plan on vacationing. Do you plan to spend all 9 days on property at the parks, or do you plan on relaxing in your room and kicking back more and maybe exploring other orlando options?

Do you want a Disney Resort experience, or a Timeshare Villa stay. I personally enjoy both for different reasons, but it depends on the kind of vacation you want to have.

6laurac

Original Poster
Part of a washer and dryer for me is being able to have it the last night so we can do laundry so we come home with clean clothes. The kitchen doesn't matter as much, so unless it is a place you love and you won't be doing Disney during that time I am not sure I would want to stay there just for that.

Would the extra room allow for more comfort while sleeping? That's my only other consideration.

We like having the washer and dryer in the room and a microwave. We're not sure if we want to switch between two hotels though. Plus, my daughter will be 7 and hasn't ever had the chance for the "Disney bubble". I'm not sure also if we should request a certain area so I will be close to the bus for my race. That's the biggest reason I'm staying on site.

6laurac

Original Poster
Disney buses vs A resort shuttle/ driving. Obviously driving yourself over each day adds parking costs. Disney busses are the best way to get around on property, plus don't forget about the food and entertainment at CBR, I love that resort. The Sheraton is a nice, Huge rooms (it's a timeshare), large pool, a lot more laid back, probably has a pool bar/grill maybe a restaraunt. I think it depends a lot on how you plan on vacationing. Do you plan to spend all 9 days on property at the parks, or do you plan on relaxing in your room and kicking back more and maybe exploring other orlando options?

Do you want a Disney Resort experience, or a Timeshare Villa stay. I personally enjoy both for different reasons, but it depends on the kind of vacation you want to have.

I think we want the Disney experience and not to change rooms. We are going to have 10 days (no hopping this time) so I plan on spending a lot of time in the park.

6laurac

Original Poster
We feel like staying on property wins every time...they do have washers and dryers at the hotel:) The ease of movement and the theming really make staying on property special. CBR!

I see that they will send you a text when your clothes are washed. I'm tending towards the CBR room just to be in the bubble.

6laurac

Original Poster
If the kitchen and washer/dryer aren't all that important to you I would say stay on property. Just keep in mind that CBR is undergoing construction right now. Not sure when they will be finished with it, but I believe it is until a least sometime in 2018.

Will there still be a food court and a store we can get our park purchases from? I like the idea of having purchases sent to the resort. I answered someone else and really want to know what building to request that is close to the buses. Getting out at 3:30 am and getting on a bus even at Disney makes me nervous.

Courtney6682

Will there still be a food court and a store we can get our park purchases from? I like the idea of having purchases sent to the resort. I answered someone else and really want to know what building to request that is close to the buses. Getting out at 3:30 am and getting on a bus even at Disney makes me nervous.

Someone posted a few days ago that they were currently at CBR and the food court was up and running. When I booked my room in Match, I was informed that NEITHER would be avail. It might be part of the construction that has yet to happen. If it's something they start soon, you may be OK by January. I won't be there til mid August, so I can report back then as far as what has been completed. Maybe you could call the resort and see if they have a time line?

6laurac

Original Poster
Someone posted a few days ago that they were currently at CBR and the food court was up and running. When I booked my room in Match, I was informed that NEITHER would be avail. It might be part of the construction that has yet to happen. If it's something they start soon, you may be OK by January. I won't be there til mid August, so I can report back then as far as what has been completed. Maybe you could call the resort and see if they have a time line?

Please report back how things were and which building you get. I'm booking a standard room (the view for me is at the parks). I haven't stayed on property in years and that was at POR.

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
I despise split stays, and I definitely wouldn't do one that was part off site and part on site. The only thing that makes them half bearable is using Disney's bag service between stays.

Courtney6682

Please report back how things were and which building you get. I'm booking a standard room (the view for me is at the parks). I haven't stayed on property in years and that was at POR.

I definitely will! I have a king room, not sure if that will impact where my room is.

6laurac

Original Poster
I despise split stays, and I definitely wouldn't do one that was part off site and part on site. The only thing that makes them half bearable is using Disney's bag service between stays.

I'm not going to split it up, I'm just hoping the CBR is in good shape and we stay near the bus.

correcaminos

We like having the washer and dryer in the room and a microwave. We're not sure if we want to switch between two hotels though. Plus, my daughter will be 7 and hasn't ever had the chance for the "Disney bubble". I'm not sure also if we should request a certain area so I will be close to the bus for my race. That's the biggest reason I'm staying on site.
We like having them too, but I prefer having them at the end. At the beginning it's not as important for me to have one. I think in this case you should just stay put and release your suite off site

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom