Car Seat/Stroller

mickey7879

Since we will be flying this time and will be bringing our toddlers car seat, does anyone know where I can get one of those things that you put your car seat on and you can wheel it through the airport? The child can sit in the car seat or you can just pull it behind you.

Has anyone used on of these? Where can you buy them? How expensive are they?

We will be bringing our stroller too, so we really just want something to make lugging the car seat through the airport easier.

mickey7879

Original Poster
My wife bought a "stroller" that allows you to just plug in the car seat/baby carrier for our second child. It was car seat specific, but that way I didn't have to lug the huge stroller around with us. Ours was nice because it still had a basket in the bottom and cup holders.

This was ours here Graco SnugRider Infant Car Seat Frame

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2266236

Our stroller we currently have is a travel system, but our 2 yr old is too big for the car seat that came with it now. The car seat we have now for him is a convertible one that won't fit on a stroller frame.

Upvote 0

coltow

I have car seat luggage bag. I got it at Babies R Us 4 years ago. The car seat fits nice and easy in it at airports. It has a handle and wheels so it's easy to get around and it also has straps so you could wear it like a back pack, but that it NOT very comfortable.

It's made by Safe Fit, google it

Upvote 0

Jessie&Buzz

Are you planning on using the car seat on the plane or renting a car? If not then you won't need the car seat. One less thing to drag along. I used the One Step Ahead site before and remember seeing something for car seat travel there.

Upvote 0

mickey7879

Original Poster
Are you planning on using the car seat on the plane or renting a car? If not then you won't need the car seat. One less thing to drag along. I used the One Step Ahead site before and remember seeing something for car seat travel there.

We want him to use the car seat on the plane and then after we check out of Disney, we're renting a car for a week, so we'll also need it then.

I saw the one at One Step Ahead and thought it was quite expensive! Didn't know if they made anything for LESS than $100. :shrug:

Upvote 0

mickey7879

Original Poster
Oh, I always think One Step Ahead is one of the most expensive places!

Have you tried Craigslist or eBay?

Haha! :hammer: I go on ebay all the time and buy stuff! I think with a 2 yr old, another one on the way, planning our trip, etc I never even thought of checking on ebay. Duh! Seems obvious now! Haha! Thanks! Must be mommy brain setting in again! :rolleyes:

Upvote 0

chdice

I bought the one from One Step Ahead back in April for our trip to Aruba. It is awesome! We were able to walk her around the airport with the luggage no problem, having the car seat gave her a place to nap while waiting for the planes, and it comes off quick in order to get the seat installed on the airplane. It was $80 back in April when I bought it and I know it's gone up to $100 but it definately helped making my daughter's first plane rides a little less stressful.
Just as a note, we used it on the Britax Roundabout (we also have the Marathon and chose to take the smaller of the two) and had no problems hooking them together.

Candice

Upvote 0

ELopez

We always rigged something on the luggage carts that you can rent at the airport for a few dollars. We would put our carry-on belongings on the cart, then my husband would strap the car seat to it all. It came in handy when we got stuck in the Jacksonville airport for 2 days about 8 years ago.

Upvote 0

mickey7879

Original Poster
We are on a direct flight, so it's not going to be a huge deal. But our car seat is really heavy....heavier than most. We were even considering buying another one that was cheap and light, but we're having second thoughts on that too since our son is used to his car seat, is very padded and he sleeps very well in it. We were just thinking that we'll have a car seat, stroller, dh cpap, carry on, 2 yr old ds and me 7 months pregnant. We were going to take our laptop on top of it all but figured we already have so much stuff!

Upvote 0
What you are looking for is on www.onestepahead.com. It is called the gogo Kidz Travelmate and it cost about $100. They have many great travel ideas. I was looking into the exact thing before our last trip, but my dad ended up having something similar.

Have a great trip.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom