Car rental question

goofy5380

Hello all,

Need to rent a car for one day to get some groceries upon arrival.
I know the CC center is there at the WORLD, but who is better to deal with National or Alamo

LowesChevy

National and Alamo are owned by the same company. They merged years ago. I would suggest signing up for either one's loyalty program to get the best rates. You may even score a deal for it being your first rental. Minivans and SUVs are the most expensive to rent in Florida, with the exception of luxury or muscle cars. We are Alamo customers, but I don't think there is really much difference between the two honestly.

Upvote 0

nickys

Premium Member
Hello all,

Need to rent a car for one day to get some groceries upon arrival.
I know the CC center is there at the WORLD, but who is better to deal with National or Alamo

Would it really be cheaper to rent a car for a day than get a taxi or Uber and ask them to wait? If this is all you want a car for then I wouldn't bother.

We rent one and use it to go to Kennedy (usually twice), Legoland, Universal, shopping malls etc. We never use it within WDW to go to parks. We use the Dolphin centre, and have used both companies before.

Upvote 0

Rob562

If renting a car, shop both Alamo and National to see which has a better rate (usually Alamo) At the on-property locations it's a single desk with a staff that handles both companies.

That being said, I agree with the poster who suggested you consider Uber or Lyft. If the grocery run is your only errand you'd use the car for, it'd probably be the same price or cheaper to do two Uber rides. (And even if it's the same price, you don't have the time and hassle of going to pick up and drop off the car)

Last year we did a grocery and alcohol run from Saratoga Springs to the Winn-Dixie on 535. We took a regular Uber there, and an UberXL on the way back to make sure we had room for everything. The round-trip was under $25.

-Rob

Upvote 0

yensid67

As noted before, Alamo is the parent company of National. Personally, I have only dealt with Alamo and in your case I would search each for the same car and see who has the better rate for the same car class! Make sure you get their rewards card for additional savings too!

Upvote 0

mrskelpster

If you only need it for groceries, have you considered a service like Shipt? It is my understanding that if you have that at your home that you can use it at Orlando....

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom