Car hire or taxi

SamandplanningUK

Hey all,

We have a holiday booked in July staying at the Riviera, every time we've been before we have always hired a car. This time due to the overnight parking charges we decided to just get transfers to and from the airport instead and use Uber instead if we want to go outside of Disney.
A friend has reported that Ubers prices have increased substantially, and with the removal of the parking charges for hotel guests we are now considering hiring a car again.
Can anyone offer some recent experience with Ubers prices?

Thanks

Weather_Lady

Upvote 0

JIMINYCR

The costs have been going up but still isn’t out of line and has remained reasonable. How much are you going to be going off property or will be driving to parks. Uber or Lyft costs including tips can add up. Renting vehicles and paying for gas, tolls and mileage can add up. The convenience of not having arrange pick ups and then waiting for an Uber or Lyft must be considered. I’d do some figuring of the total costs and convenience of both uses and then make the better decision from what you expect to be paying out of pocket.
We used Uber on our last several trips because I’d rather not drive when on vacation and using someone else to get me places works well for us.

Upvote 0

James J

In the Parks
No
We used Uber on our last several trips because I’d rather not drive when on vacation and using someone else to get me places works well for us.

This is they key part for us. Our trip last year was slightly different as we stayed on International Drive for the first 3 nights, and had a rental car for that time to go to Kennedy Space Centre, to do shopping at the outlets and mall and things like that. Once it was time to move on to our 11 night stay at Coronado Springs, we returned the car and just used Uber/Lyft when required for the duration of our time on WDW property.

Upvote 0

Ghostdog

Why not try The Sunshine Flyer, we are trying this on our upcoming trip $12 each passenger so round trip was only $48. I believe they’re offering even cheaper rates right now.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Eric Graham

What a and wonderful country the UK is and the people are so very nice. Windsor Castle is so beautiful. I was speaking to someone at Christmas who cared for the Queen's horses when they were in the UK. So very nice! The queen was still living at the time. I said the Queen seems like a nice person. They said she is a great person. Have you also looked into the Minnie Service by Lyft also? I haven't used it, but it seems fun with riding in a part of Disney!

Upvote 0

esskay

I normally get a car but I dont bother getting it at the airport. I wait a couple of days and collect it from either one of the Disney Springs hotels (Hilton do a pickup) or the car care center at MK.

Driving to/from the airport when tired (especially with UK jetlag on the way out!) is too much hassle IMO so this works out better for me. It's only worth it if you use it though. I spend a good 3-4 days off-site.

Upvote 0

eliza61nyc

I usually get a car but I use to get a great discount through my employer, so it was a great deal.
Now I don't mind driving driving and generally have at least one other driver. The length of stay also plays into it. if I'm staying more than 8 days I rent.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom