Captain Marvel

Dead2009

Horror Movie Guru
Original Poster
I didnt see a thread for this so here we go

Is Brie Larson Captain Marvel?
http://moviehole.net/2016105854is-brie-larson-captain-marvel

If recent reports are anything to go by, Marvel may have found its Captain Marvel.

According to Variety, Brie Larson is the studio’s top pick to play the hero in the upcoming “Captain Marvel” film, and who knows how many other MCU movies.

Meg LeFauve and Nicole Perlman are currently writing the screenplay and Kevin Feige is producing. No director is attached yet.

By day, Captain Marvel goes by Carol Danvers, a Security Chief in the US air force whose DNA is fused with that of an alien during an accident. As a result, she has super strength, energy project and flight.

doctornick

I would think they want to cast the role soon because they might want the character to appear in Avengers Infinity War pt 1 and it is in pre-production. There's been some conflicting info on whether she would appear there or not, but it wouldn't surprise me if she at least appears as a civilian before gaining her powers as an Easter egg.

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward
It's official!

Marvel announced Saturday night at Comic-Con that Brie Larson will take on the role of Captain Marvelin Marvel Studio’s first female-led superhero film. Captain Marvel doesn’t hit theaters until 2019, but fans at Comic-Con greeted the news that the Room actress would be taking on the role with cheers.

CoGOUHbVIAAdpbs.jpg

2351metalcloud

One of the writers worked on Guardians of the Galaxy and the other writer worked on Inside Out. Both of these I believed had aspects to them that were done to make it easier for an attraction based on them to be put into Epcot if desired.

So, I wonder if Captain Marvel can be used by Disney in WDW somewhere? Does anyone know if version of Captain Marvel appear anywhere in Universal Studios Orlando which according to some people on this forum means that the character could then as a result not appear in WDW without Universal's agreement?

Magenta Panther

My dad had a collection of old Captain Marvel comics he got from his brother. I read every dang one of them. And I couldn't tell you why I liked them so much, because yeah, they were kinda corny...maybe it was because they were about this normal kid who got an incredible destiny thrust upon him (he was first, so eat your heart out, Harry Potter), and could become powerful just by saying a magic word.

Plus there was Mr. Tawny, the talking tiger!

So I think it sucks that this movie isn't going to be based on the original concept. Just another ridiculous recast for the sake of...what? Diversity? Inclusion? I-am-Woman-hear-me-roar? Feh. This is one superhero movie I MIGHT have wanted to see, but now, forget it.

Hope the rest of you like it, though.

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward
My dad had a collection of old Captain Marvel comics he got from his brother. I read every dang one of them. And I couldn't tell you why I liked them so much, because yeah, they were kinda corny...maybe it was because they were about this normal kid who got an incredible destiny thrust upon him (he was first, so eat your heart out, Harry Potter), and could become powerful just by saying a magic word.

Plus there was Mr. Tawny, the talking tiger!

So I think it sucks that this movie isn't going to be based on the original concept. Just another ridiculous recast for the sake of...what? Diversity? Inclusion? I-am-Woman-hear-me-roar? Feh. This is one superhero movie I MIGHT have wanted to see, but now, forget it.

Hope the rest of you like it, though.

Wrong Captain Marvel. That was D.C. They had to rename him Shazam and they are making a movie about him.

This is the latest Marvel version of Captain Marvel we are getting. She used to be Ms. Marvel. It took over the Captain mantle a few years back.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I'm interested in knowing where Captain Marvel has been hiding for 20 years.

I'm thinking fighting a war on another planet, somewhere in outer space. Remember, in Iron Man, Nick Fury said you think you are the only Super Hero?

In SHIELD, Fury had access (he wasn't supposed to) to another super secret government facility (maybe S.W.O.R.D.?) that was dealing with aliens. That's the facility that brought Coulson back to life. Plus there's that whole Cree transgenemorphosis.

Sounds like a secret war.

Phicinfan

Uh you are confusing Shazam- DC Capt. Marvel vs. Marvel Capt. Marvel - although the first Marvel Capt. Marvel was a man

Magenta Panther

Uh you are confusing Shazam- DC Capt. Marvel vs. Marvel Capt. Marvel - although the first Marvel Capt. Marvel was a man

Yeah, these books were the original Captain Marvel. That title and character have quite the tangled legal history, it seems.

He's still the BEST Marvel IMO.

DisneyJayL

In the Parks
No
In SHIELD, Fury had access (he wasn't supposed to) to another super secret government facility (maybe S.W.O.R.D.?) that was dealing with aliens. That's the facility that brought Coulson back to life. Plus there's that whole Cree transgenemorphosis.

Sounds like a secret war.
Either that or Secret Invasion...

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward
http://www.comingsoon.net/movies/ne...ches-captain-marvel-plus-jackson-on-nick-fury

Samuel L. Jackson recently spoke to The AV Club about reprising a younger, ’90s-era Nick Fury in the upcoming film.
“We’re going back now, and I meet Captain Marvel in more of an origin story,” said Jackson. “You’ll see Nick Fury with another guy’s face, somebody that’s got two eyes, so that’s a whole big deal. You’ll see. It’s prior to the eye injury, no eye patch.”

Screen Shot 2018-01-19 at 12.47.20 PM.png

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom